Couple married 67 years dies on same day while holding hands

Rainman

Only once in a very long while do you hear of anything like this occurring. Couples who love each other so much that not even death can keep them together. This is one such case. The couple who had been together for 67 years, fell sick at about the same time and died on the same day.
The couple met at a dance hall and married in 1947. Floyd was in the Navy, and wrote love letters to Violet that the family has preserved.

The couple raised three children on their farm, and remained active until late 2014, when their health took a drastic turn for the worse.
May they rest in peace.

Gabe

I saw this in the news too and often couple do follow one another shortly after. It's nice to know there are couples that do find true love throughout their old age and looks and money really don't matter. Sometimes they say the pain of living without the other partner is too much. I have a neighbor who died at 92 and his widow who is 87, we keep an eye on as she is still trying to adapt.

missbishi

This is both sad and heartwarming at the same time. Whilst death is always upsetting, I'm glad that neither one is going to be lonely.

OGRICHBOI

Condolences to their families and friends. Even in the darkest situation, love will find a way. Even though I am quite young, I must embrace my youth. This goes to all of those kids spending so much time doing unproductive things. Fall in love. Learn a skill. This is a fine example of true love.

stevesxs9

This is not your average everyday story. In fact I have never heard of a couple married for that long to die on the same day. Even though it is death, it seemed very special and I mean this in a respectful way.

bala

Rest in Peace.They really must be very lucky to have died on the same day holding hands.First of all i haven't even heard of someone being married that long.is that a record or what..?

jesuslover0314

This is a very interesting story. Not to long ago I heard a story about a man telling his wife if he died he would be back to get her in less than 24 hours, and the next day a couple of hours before he passed, she died as well. I just find these sort of stories interesting. :)

shilpa123

I think it is quite a miracle although it is really sad. I do not think that there could be any better way to end this. It really is very beautiful and honest love.

jeremy2

They had a blissful marriage and led a successful life. Not many of us will be lucky enough to lead such kind of life due to the emerging lifestyle diseases that are shortening our generations' lifespan. I know that wherever they are, they are very much in love just as they were here on earth.

dyanmarie25

I bet they're now really resting in peace together. That's pretty sad, but really wonderful at the same time.

Profit5500

Only once in a very long while do you hear of anything like this occurring. Couples who love each other so much that not even death can keep them together. This is one such case. The couple who had been together for 67 years, fell sick at about the same time and died on the same day.

May they rest in peace.
This story sounded sad but it was also touching. A couple who really loves one another really stay together and can share really happy moments. I am glad they had a long lasting relationship.

GlacialDoom

Wow, that's really powerful. I don't think that this kind of love is found anymore in our generation, with all the divorces and fights. Especially because of the difference in our lifestyles.

May they rest in peace.

JoanMcWench

I don't want to be the dark cloud on a sunny day BUT in all those years I bet there were plenty of secrets. I don't mean that in a negative way. I would just like it, one day, if someone took the entire true story of a couple that got together in WW2 & stayed together until death. That's a huge book I'd love to read.

marcamm

Sadly a lot of marriages today end up in divorce. Most of which have not even lasted 10 years. What is even more heartbreaking is that most couples prefer to not marry at all. Saddening this story may be, it is an inspirational love story indeed. Being together for a whopping 67 years, they must have been very happy at each other's company.

I remember a quote: "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live a hundred minus one day, so I don't have to live without you."

This is even better; dying at the same day. So inspiring..

bala

I bet they're now really resting in peace together. That's pretty sad, but really wonderful at the same time.
Yeah.RIP to the souls that lived a best "life" we might ever have seen.I really am starting to envy them at times.
Realty ain't it..:p