Shawn

Are any of you into cycling at all as a fitness program? I bought a mountain bike a few years ago for once a month extra fitness, rode it 20 miles and fell in love. Now I road bike at least 100-200 miles a week and some times even 50-100 miles in one day. It has done a number for my fitness and health and it has done it extremely quick at that.

Are any of you into cycling at all?

bala

I was,a couple of years back,a full fledged cyclist.To be honest,i got bored of cycling to a place and sold mine after that to get a bike.No all i do is hit the gym and play badminton to cut down on my weight and gain fitness.
it sure is fun,but sometimes you get bored if you overuse its function.

Shawn

I can understand that you could burn yourself out. I myself am addicted to it, haha, I ride all the time and always think about cycling on a daily basis. It is like my calling. But I don't allow myself to go overboard with it. I do have rest days and even if I have active rest days, I don't ride to race or prove something special to myself.

wulfman

I used to ride back in high school with my friends. I would say about 15-20 miles. At some points we would just go all out but we would take breaks also. I enjoyed it . I just hated uphill cycling because that really is taxing.

PhilA

I tried it, but I always go back to just jogging. I do not trust most of the drivers around where I live, the roads are narrow and there are a lot of country lanes, it is not the best bike terrain.

Rob93FL

I used to ride my bike a lot, but I got tired of it. I like to do my cardio on the stationary bikes at the gym, but I'm not too big into riding real bicycles anymore. There really isn't too much scenery in my area of Florida.

Shawn

I used to ride back in high school with my friends. I would say about 15-20 miles. At some points we would just go all out but we would take breaks also. I enjoyed it . I just hated uphill cycling because that really is taxing.

Uphill cycling is the best part haha! That is where you get a real workout!

True2marie

No, I do not cycle, but know a few people who do. One of them is a friend mine that works as a nurse. She used to weigh almost 200 pounds. Considering she's only 5'4, it was a lot on her small frame. Now, after a few years of cycling, she's normal in size.

She owns a couple of bikes. One of them folds up and the other one is much larger (non-folding) for longer bike trips. Her husband cycles too and they bike for miles during off times.

GemmaRowlands

I do think that cycling is one of the best things that you can do to get fit. The best thing about it is that you can cycle almost anywhere, and you can use your journey into work, which is one that you would have had to complete anyway, as your fitness regime. It's fantastic, and doesn't cost much money considering the fact that you can purchase a bike for a low amount as well.

Kamarsun1

Cycling is a good exercise. I personally like to Roller blade. It's more of a total body work out. Cycling would be my next favorite exercise.

Patrick

It's a good form of cardio, but I think jogging is higher intensity and burns more calories, so it's an alternative you may consider if you're starved on time.

goldenmaine

I am also very much into cycling and just like you I do it mostly for health, exercise and fitness reasons. Other reasons would be to just have fun and enjoy scenic views while cycling. I love mountain biking across the farmlands while enjoying the view of tress and mountains. It helps me de-stress and feel more relaxed. It makes me appreciate life more and how lucky I am of being able to breathe and enjoy every moment of my life.

JoanMcWench

Well, you can be a bike cop? I think that will help keep you in shape & get paid while doing it. However, I've heard some pretty bad stories from police about having to be a bike cop. I guess there's a level of disrespect you get when on a bike as opposed to in a car.

OGRICHBOI

I suggest you find a workout that focuses more on building muscle rather than losing weight. Any type of cycling however, builds endurance which is vital in any type of exercise. I usually ride a mile everyday, going at fast intervals/speed. This is to build muscle however, not focusing on losing weight.