Dad Arrested In Fatal Stabbing Of Son

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A father was arrested on Friday on suspicion of stabbing his 1-year-old son to death at their California home. Twenty-eight-year-old Adrian Navarrete-Gonzalez of Ventura called 911 at 1:45 a.m. Friday to tell police his son was dead at the residence in the 400 block of Crocker Avenue, according to the Ventura Police Department.

“That was all he said,†Cmdr. Darin Schindler of the Ventura Police Department said. When the police arrived to the scene they found the boy on a bed with stab wounds. Police say the little boy, named Jacob, died at the home.

Police discovered Navarrete-Gonzalez suffering from stab wounds to his upper body and he was taken to Ventura County Medical Center. Authorities say that he had surgery Friday and was arrested afterwards on suspicion of homicide, authorities said. He will be transported to jail after he is released from the hospital. Officials have not said whether Navarrete-Gonzalez's wounds were self-inflicted.

Navarrete-Gonzalez lived in the home with multiple families. The other residents in the house said they did not know of the stabbing until the officers arrived on the scene.

[video=youtube_share;EQm0Rl2pL6s]http://youtu.be/EQm0Rl2pL6s[/video]

Authorities say the boy’s mother lives at a different residence, and she was not present during the murder. "The suspect had recently separated from his wife and his son was visiting him when he was killed," Schindler said.

Neighbors were understandably upset by the incident. "It’s just really sad," neighbor Gill Surmont said. "I'm still in shock," another neighbor Mark Marquez said. "As a parent, grandparent, it really got me."

Attachments

• Venturahome.jpg
    Venturahome.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 349
Last edited by a moderator:

oraclemay

Awful, sounds like another case of attempting to spite his spouse because of the separation. The poor innocent child who did not ask to be here has to be the one to suffer.

Muthoni

This is one cruel man able to stab a baby to death. It does not matter what kind of relationship he has with the mother. He should have chosen the right thing for his son. I hope that the mother of this boy obtains help to overcome the grief of losing a son in the hands of someone who should have protected him.

Peninha

Wow, stabbing a one year old? Of course everyone is upset, a one year old is totally helpless at the hand of that monster.

Gelsemium

Why do you say that oracle? It might have been the case, but that person has to be mentally unbalanced to do that to a kid.

Onionman

That sounds so sad. The child didn't deserve this. I hope that the man wasn't trying to get revenge on his ex-partner. It's horrible when a small child gets caught up in a situation like that.

missbishi

Revenge or not, he certainly can't have been in his right mind to do this. Maybe he was already unstable and the split with his wife tipped him over the edge. Not that I'm trying to defend his actions, not at all. I just think he must have had some kind of psychiatric problem, After all, no sane person would do something like this.

Sweetheart

There are some blanks in this story. The father called 911 because the kid was dead. What did he say what was his story? I'm not getting why they put the father in jail. I am not hearing cause. No confession. Usually if somebody kills someone they try to hide it. They don't usually call 911. It also says they wonder if it was self inflicted. I highly doubt that unless the one year old had a fascination with knives. 1:45am on a friday. Ah, the Dad was probably asleep and found the kid this way. Somebody broke in.