Dashcam From Bridgeton, New Jersey Police Shooting

Onthemark

attachment.php

Authorities from the Bridgeton Police Department in New Jersey have released the video and audio of a traffic stop shooting in late December. It captures the two officers ordering Jerame Reid not to move before Reid appears to push his way out of the passenger side door and is shot by the two officers.

Officers Roger Worley and Braheme Days approached the car and drew their weapons after spotting a handgun in the glove compartment.

"I'm going to shoot you," the officer tells Reid. "You're going to be f***ing dead. If you reach for something, you're going to be f***ing dead."

The video can be seen here on PS, but please be aware that it is very graphic.

Attachments

• BridgetonPolice.jpg
    BridgetonPolice.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 2,090
Last edited by a moderator:

Kamarsun1

Wow, that's near my neck of the woods. The cops may have been right on this one. He gave him a fair warning. I'm wondering why the cop was talking to the passenger in the first place?

jeremy2

After watching that video,i honestly believe deadly force wasn't necessary given the circumstances.The suspect had already surrendered and the police officers had already taken possession of the handgun.I think that was a clear case of extra judicial killing.

Onionman

I'm not convinced that the police had to shoot there. And I'm still trying to work out why it took so long for the video to see the light of day. Hopefully there won't be a whitewash with this one.

JulianWilliams

The shooting seemed a little harsh if you ask me but then again we can't really be sure of what was going on in the car and what the officer was seeing the driver do.

Kamarsun1

You have a good point. We know police have been catching hell in the media lately and maybe they wanted things to die out a little before releasing the video, but something seems strange about that for sure.

SF13

I don't know what really happened INSIDE the car, but in this instance the police officers seemed to shoot that man for no real reason beyond 'he was moving around.' Reminds me of the guy in North Carolina who got shot in the lower back by an officer, when he complied with the officer's directive to 'get his license and registration.'

warmweatherwoman

OH WOW!!! This video was taken in MY home town..around the corner from my house! I can't believe it made it to this site..it has become national news. I know the shooting officer- and blood was bound to be shed at his overzealous hand! Sad to say, but its true. The cop was talking to the passenger because he knew him; He knows us all because he grew up here with us. I am disgusted by this whole incident and even more disgusted by the prosecutor recusing herself from the case because she knows the officer- if that is the case she shouldn't be prosecutor because like him..she grew up with us ALL and knows us ALL!

Kamarsun1

You will find a conflict of interest in law all the time. The prosecutor, the judge and the clerk are all members of the Bars association, so you can bet they know each other, especially if it's a local case. The Law is very slick and deceptive and it's important to know your rights.

westmixxin

I seen this video before and it really shocked me because it makes no sense that this individual decided to fire it seems as if the fear built into the police department by the communities that they police is incredible the fact that these offices would be this afraid is almost unbelievable.

mairj23

Another guy shot by a trigger happy cop. It's time for these officers to start getting charged for all of the nonsense they've caused. If the guy was reaching for something, they had a right to fire. I guess driving while black is a crime in this country.