Death Penalty, for or against?

RingoBerry

I am definitely in favor of death penalty. People thinking of committing crimes needs to really fear getting caught hence making them rethink things a few dozen times over before actually doing anything stupid. Some are probably cozy in jail, they don't mind spending years inside since they are still alive, possibility of getting bail or parole is there then they'd be free again.

Onionman

I often see myself as against the death penalty, as I don't like to agree with an eye for eye approach to life. But I do find myself instinctively reacting in another way when I see a story on television that may relate to terrorism, crime against a child, a massacre and so on. I'm pretty torn.

jeremy2

In this World,there exists some form of criminals whose mode of operation warrants the death penalty.A good example is the criminal/terrorist outfit by the name ISIS.They have committed horrendous and despicable acts of violence against innocent civilians that i feel they should get more than just the death penalty.

timelord731

I'm pro in very, very extreme cases. It is pretty obvious that rehabilitation does not work nearly as much as it should, but life imprisonment is a pretty bad deal.

Shimus

In this World,there exists some form of criminals whose mode of operation warrants the death penalty.A good example is the criminal/terrorist outfit by the name ISIS.They have committed horrendous and despicable acts of violence against innocent civilians that i feel they should get more than just the death penalty.

They should get an Eye for an Eye if the world was fair, beheaded like they beheaded so many others. But I still believe making them suffer a long-term situation where there IS NO HOPE for redemption, suffering away. That's the only way to make realize the gravity of their mistakes - or they will just kill again. If you kill them, it's an easy way out - and probably what they had hoped for.

Kittyworker

They should get an Eye for an Eye if the world was fair, beheaded like they beheaded so many others. But I still believe making them suffer a long-term situation where there IS NO HOPE for redemption, suffering away. That's the only way to make realize the gravity of their mistakes - or they will just kill again. If you kill them, it's an easy way out - and probably what they had hoped for.

The way you describe Life Imprisonment makes it sounds more like cruel and unusual punishment than the death penalty. I've already stated that I was for the Death Penalty but I just like to point out that there are a lot of people who cant learn from their mistakes, and if you lock them away they are just going to get angry and more violent.

Profit5500

I am against it, sort of. Some innocent people can be put down and not realise it until it is too late. But for people who commit mass murders and have huge evidence for it, they definitely deserve the death penalty.
The mass murderers deserve to get the death penalty. If the person is innocent then I would hope they would get out of incarceration.

piez

This one is a bit tough for me to answer. Sometimes I see a case where an individual has done something so morally wrong that I feel as if they deserve the death punishment. At the same time though sometimes I feel that it is more of a punishment to have them locked away forever. No hope of ever returning to normal society and confined would turn anyone mad after a length of time.