Do pimps ever get busted?

Gin0710

Have pimps ever been arrested or prosecuted? I have come across news reports and a story that covered the girls in that kind of life. The pimps always seem to be the ones that get away and are allowed to continue doing what they do. Why is that?

And what about the clients who pay for sex? Do they get busted too or is it usually the women who take the heat.

askanison

Pimps are harder to prosecute because they don't get their hands dirty most of the time. They just wait for the girl to give them the money after they are done for the day and aren't there to get busted in the act of making any deals. Getting the girls to testify against them is sometimes hard also because they see it as flirting with a death sentence if the charges don't stick and the pimp gets out.

DancingLady

I have heard about sting operations specifically to go after pimps. I think in the case of the ones I was hearing about, they had reason to believe there was a lot of human trafficking going on in the area and were going after these people not just for pimping, but also for human trafficking. I am not sure if that was the incident that happened after a sting picked up quite a few girls/young women who turned out to be victims of human trafficking.

dolittle94

I don't think that the pimps get caught as much as the other two. To my knowledge, the prostitutes and the 'clients' are usually the ones who get caught. Funnily enough I hear more about the stories of the buyer getting caught than I do prostitutes. However, if either one of them is caught I know the other is as well. The pimps don't have direct contact with buyers and I think they mainly get caught if the prostitute gives a name maybe, but in their position they probably don't see that as a smart idea.

pattycake

I think it has more to do with common behavior. As with pimping, that's a commonality in human relations that goes all the back to the first civilization. Even in the law the police use lady cops to sleep with crime and syndicate leaders to bust them, which regardless is pimping. The police pimping the lady cops to make busts. So the pimp is never the target because his minions are the real problem, there would be no pimp without voluntary minions, so the police go after the minions to humor the public and make it look like they're doing something about it.

Gin0710

I think it has more to do with common behavior. As with pimping, that's a commonality in human relations that goes all the back to the first civilization. Even in the law the police use lady cops to sleep with crime and syndicate leaders to bust them, which regardless is pimping. The police pimping the lady cops to make busts. So the pimp is never the target because his minions are the real problem, there would be no pimp without voluntary minions, so the police go after the minions to humor the public and make it look like they're doing something about it.

It's disgusting the way women are abused in every profession. Women are not safe in this world. Not from anyone except maybe a .45.

Determined2014

Pimps rarely get caught, since they dispatch the girls to go out their and do the dirty work for them as they wait out on the money, so it is difficult for them to get caught. Sometime the customers do get caught, if they are found in action , they do get caught.

Onionman

Pimps certainly do get busted, though clearly not often enough to put the trade totally out of business. Whether the penalties are severe enough is another matter. That's really the issue - the severity of the punishment.

DancingLady

I think more pimps would get caught if the girls were not so afraid to reveal what is really going on. Even if a woman became a prostitute voluntarily, she almost certainly became a victim of some sort of abuse after starting. No one really wants that kind of life, it is so degrading. When a woman starts to feel like she is totally worthless, just a body to be used, and is also being abused and threatened by her pimp, she may not have the courage to turn him in and seek more help even if she gets arrested.

jeremy2

Prostitution in most countries is illegal.That means whoever organizes,facilitates and engages in that vice is equally guilty before the law.Pimps may evade arrest where there are loopholes in the law or where corruption is rampant. Those caught soliciting for sex are just as guilty as the ones selling sex.

pattycake

It's disgusting the way women are abused in every profession. Women are not safe in this world. Not from anyone except maybe a .45.

True.... Women are exploited in every profession. In Hollywood, and everywhere. And it's the same case scenario with the pimp. The pimp is never the target because the minions are the real problem. The solution is for people to wake up, because in sleep this is how life is. People live exploitively as pawns and don't even care to notice it.

pattycake

Prostitution in most countries is illegal.That means whoever organizes,facilitates and engages in that vice is equally guilty before the law.Pimps may evade arrest where there are loopholes in the law or where corruption is rampant. Those caught soliciting for sex are just as guilty as the ones selling sex.

Thing is,

People want recreational sex which is sex with no stings, and there's really nothing the states can do about it. State clergies and other elites want recreational sex too and rely on prostitution to fulfill their needs, so how they gonna do anything about a common need?