Do you believe in movie kind of love?

Peninha

What I say to my kids is, in the movies anything can happen, but reality is something totally different, so no, I try not to confuse and mix both.

SamClemensMT

To believe in true love you have to have an imagination. Have a pure heart (most people are too jaded). It also helps if you both enjoy good wine.

Peachdejour

I guess I would have to post the serious question of, do you believe the movie hype on anything? Hollywood dramatizes all parts of human nature so that we will come watch movies. However, normal humans don't fall for the underdog and relationships are hard and cars don't fly 500 feet and come down and keep driving. If we are expecting Hollywood love stories, it could be the reason why so many of us are hopping around like blind little hamsters and never finding what we think we want. Real love is being able to keep working when the oxytocin levels return to normal.

SamClemensMT

Okay, I think I can summarize it with a simple question. Does life imitate art or does art imitate life? If you can answer this question correctly, you will have the answer to the original question. Is Hollywood love real?

shilpa123

I do not think such a thing ever happens as I think it is quite filmy. I believe that they are best suited only for films. I think it is quite easy to just watch them than do anything else.*

Peachdejour

Okay, I think I can summarize it with a simple question. Does life imitate art or does art imitate life? If you can answer this question correctly, you will have the answer to the original question. Is Hollywood love real?

Oh! Sam this is a very good reply. And it's a little of both. So the answer is a little of both. It's yes and no. Which is what all of us bah humbugs have been trying to say the whole time. Have I told you lately that I like the way you think Sam?

missbishi

No I don't. The cynic in me says it all sucks but I know I only think like that due to past experiences. I wouldn't knock anyone who says they do feel like this though - good for them and maybe it gives the rest of us a bit of hope!

Muthoni

I used to believe in this kind of love when I was so much younger. Maybe this is the reason why I am still not married because part of me believes in that wonderful movie kind of love. I have seen my friends married to the love of their life. Love takes a lot of naturing for it to remain when life challenges keep knocking on your door.

Kittyworker

Well it really depends. I moved from Washington D.C. to New Zealand to be with my husband so you may consider that a sort of 'Movie Love'. We've never really had any big romantic moments that led us to start making out in public like you see a lot of the time in movies though.

mrsbright

Movie love is not "Hollywood Love", guys. Many movies are actually more nuanced and beautiful in their way of portraying love than the typical United State big make out with a grand gesture and the clapping and the flag floating in the background.

But on the actual point, I think any kind of love is real. Or at least possible. Maybe not this "I'll jump in front of a bullet for you" situation, because how many times does that happen in real life?

I could tell my love story like it would be a movie -- crazy things happened and like Kittyworker, some "moving across the world for you" and some romantic stuff and some intense stuff -- but the fact is it's all about how you tell the story. Movies just show you the highlights. That's why it seems so intense and so out-of-this-world. If it had no ellipses/jump cuts, they'd also have to show you less exciting moments and we could identify more.

fliktor7

Mmm not at all, I believe in love, but not as the one of the movies, life is more complicated than that.

I also don't believe in falling in love at a first view, you could like a lot another person, but love is more than that, you should know very well your grilfriend/boyfriend before you could say to he/she "I love you", because if you are not really sure about that, it can hurt later xS

Rosyrain

That would be a bug no for me. All relationships have their ups and downs even if you are best friends with the one you love. Real life situations like money problems and everything else come into play, so at some point you are going to have stress. Communication is the most important thing in a relationship and I do think everyone can have a great long lasting one with their spouse, just not the fairy tale movie kind where nothing ever goes wrong.

vinceasneed

I do not believe in the movie kind of love. The truth of the matter is that love is not something is instant. It must develop over time. People will go through things in their lives with their mate and that pushes them closer together and then they begin to love each other. You have to learn to love the things you hate about someone else. What I mean is their bad habits and annoyances. Those things take time to foster. Love at first sight does not exist because of this. There is attraction at first sight but not love. This is one reason people are so unhappy in relationships because they based it off of attraction and there was no love in it.

Rainman

Do you believe in movie kind of love?
Ive known such love. That kind of love doesn't exist. You create it. You must be willing to work for it in order to get it. It takes sacrifices . . . and time. If anyone believes they are going to stumble into such sweet love then they are dreaming. Those who obtain this kind of love don't deceive themselves. They know that their partner will have flaws but they let him/her into their hearts anyway. As time progresses and the stages of lust are left behind, they focus on being there for each other no matter what. And thus begins the quest for fairy-tale kind of love. Those who stick in long enough get it.

oraclemay

People can fall in love in the same way, but it does not last. The initial excitement always disappears and is usually replaced by something more balanced. True love is something that grows over time and lasts a lifetime. One can love several people during your lifetime.

DancingLady

Yes and no. I believe that these feelings are experienced at some point in many people's lives, but that they are feelings, and they will not remain constant like that for long durations. They may be part of what I believe to be true love, which is an absolute commitment to one's spouse for life, not matter what, but they sometimes occur without true love being a reality in the relationship. A relationship based on those kinds of feelings will run into trouble when feelings change, as they always do in life. Unless the couple also makes a decision to love each and remain committed to each no matter what, they are likely headed for a train wreck in their relationship. Movies don't usually show that reality of life because they focus on such a short period of time.

timelord731

Love is heavily subjective. It can be experienced in many ways by many people. It really depends. I assume by "movie love" you mean the love at first site, would do anything for type. That exists for some people, but it can be much more casual for others.

Lizel

I'm 14, and I have experienced life a lot more than somebody my age, and I'd say that such love is possible, but when it ends it leaves a big scar and has a big impact on your psychic. I'd say that nothing lasts forever even real love comes to an end one day.

shilpa123

I also think that relationship of that kind do not really last. I usually think it is best if you know how to take care of yourself in a relationship and not just think about it as a movies life.