Do you enjoy watching anime?

Lizel

Hey guys!
Do anybody of you enjoy watching anime?
If yes, then what are your favourite ones?
I enjoy watching Bleach, Code Geass, School Days.

Patrick

I've watched some anime, I don't really see the big deal for or against it, it's just another form of entertainment to me. I've watched Naruto before, but it wasn't really my thing. I'm a fan of less "childish" series like Ghost in The Shell, and the older Gundam series. Gundam SEED was the best for me, the newer ones have devolved into childish shows geared at selling their model kits...

JohnBrock

Not really sure how this is relevant to the overall topic of this forum, but no - Never really watched japanese animation, I always felt as if anime was (sorry for being judgemental) a tad immature - I just never associated the process of watching cartoons seriously with an adult mindset.

But we all have out guilty pleasures that we enjoy now and then, so whatever floats your boat :p

JoanMcWench

I wish I could enjoy it more but I've noticed too many similarities between hundreds of them to really peak my interest. I did, however, like Attack on Titan & DeathNote. Clearly, I appreciate the creepy dark anime.

dyanmarie25

Absolutely. I enjoy watching anime series. I sometimes go for slice of life which blends comedy with a little bit of suspense or horror. Anyway, I love any kind of genre as long as the plot is unique and pretty interesting. My favorite anime series are School Rumble, Ouran High School Host Club, Another, Naruto, Hyouka, and Clannad.

GlacialDoom

I used to really enjoy it when I was younger, but now I'm not that big of a fan anymore. I really used to enjoy Spiral, Shaman King, Slayers and Death Note back in the day, but now the only animes that I plan watching in the following years are Sword Art Online 2 and Attack on Titan.

Shimus

Not really sure how this is relevant to the overall topic of this forum, but no - Never really watched japanese animation, I always felt as if anime was (sorry for being judgemental) a tad immature - I just never associated the process of watching cartoons seriously with an adult mindset.

But we all have out guilty pleasures that we enjoy now and then, so whatever floats your boat :p

Almost, if not all the shows I watch are not "immature" by any stretch. They also aren't 'cartoons' because I would not show the ones I watch to kids either, or it may give them nightmares. Sure there is a fair childish amount of content out there, I grant you that. But an older majority (the genre of Seinen) is aimed at adults and play with psychological aspects and dark horror, suspense, mystery. Blood and gore. There's a fair amount of animation both ways, so you can argue for both.

But I love it. Always have. I break it down by genres, voice actors, music, animation style, and add photos and write full-scale reviews, to direct people to anime of a nature befitting their watching status. If you ever need recommendations, I'm your guy.

jesuslover0314

I enjoy watching some anime. It only depends on which show or movie it is. Please share some of the anime shows you watch guys, I would like to know.

mrsbright

I really enjoy a good anime serie or movie. You cannot put the whole genre as "childish", really. I mean -- Miyazaki pretty much convinced the rest of the world that even if kids are at the center of his works, it is far beyond childish, it has tons of layers and of amazing creativity bursting about.

(In the same way, pretending that "cartoons are for kids" -- Calvin & Hobbes was never just for kids, and always very deep in its questioning of life. Shows like The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama and South Park -- definitely NOT for lil'kids. )

The thing is, with anime or cartoons, you can achieve some very interesting visual effects and work on amazing storylines that don't need to be grounded in the limits of the special effect capacities or of the ethical allowances.

I enjoy good anime. It can be quite great.
I also enjoy the japanese voicing, it's nice to get a feeling for flow and pronunciation and commonly used Japanese vocab.

shilpa123

I definitely enjoy anime. I think it is my greatest time pass and I definitely love it. I think it is quite great.

goldenmaine

I have been an anime fan for a long time but lately I haven’t watched anything or know of any new anime. But to relate the purpose of this forum and this post, one of my favorite anime is Detective Conan. I really liked the premise and setting of this show, not to mention that I’m a fan of Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Homes. I am just a fan of the classic crime, suspects, evidence, motive, and deduction stories with some police work involved. I think no other anime is the same with this show.

marcamm

I used to enjoy watching animes, especially when I was young, 10-17 years old. But as I've gotten older, I've switched to TV Series, such as Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory, and American Horror Story. I don't know what made me to eventually lose interest in watching them. Maybe, I haven't watched one for a long time and I'm a bit outdated, or I just outgrew them altogether.

timelord731

Calling my name with this one. I absolutely love anime, especially ones with badass protagonists. To name a few: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Cowboy BeBop, One Piece, Attack on Titan, and Soul Eater all rank up there with my favorites.

bala

I definitely enjoy anime. I think it is my greatest time pass and I definitely love it. I think it is quite great.
Do you have any recommendations that we can watch.You seem to be an ardent fan.:p
Brief us on what you love about it.That would kindle more interest too.

Shimus

If you need recommendations just ask. I've been doing this anime thing for a long time. I can recommend a vast number of titles on a wide variety of Genres. Just put down shows you've watched and liked and similar genres and I will find you a masterpiece or two.

aparsons

I wouldn't say that I love it simply for being anime, but there are certain Sci-Fi based anime shows that I have enjoyed. I wont go out of my way to look for something specifically that is anime, but I wont turn away from something if I think I would enjoy it.

bala

Pokemon,Dragon Ball-z ? Do they count as animes..:p If so i am sure the entire clan would upvote it as the best anime.:p
Anyways.I used to enjoy it when i was a tiny tot,but now it sounds way too boring.

dez97

I have enjoyed watching anime. However I haven't been watching a lot of it, in my life lately. Which would totally help with all my stress so I'm going to get back to doing that.