Do you feel apprehensive about buying doughnuts in uniform?

JoanMcWench

Let me preempt this by saying it is quite genuine and not meant to be taken sarcastically or in a rude way. I was curious if the stigma might hold you back from buying a doughnut in uniform? I'm not sure it's necessarily a negative view that this projects but I suppose it would be associated with laziness. Thoughts?

Doulachic79

When I see cops at the dunkin donuts I always understand. They have good coffee and doughnuts are the perfect food on the go. You can pick up a half dozen and be able to do your job and not have to worry about too much of a mess.

Profit5500

I don't eat Dunkin Donuts I like Krispy Kreme donuts hands down. They are the absolute best in the donut making business. If I were an officer of the law I would not feel apprehensive about buying donuts in a donut shop.

Ricardo187

Well, I wouldn't feel apprehensive. It's actually funny though and some people will think "Hey, look, it's an officer eating donuts, hahaha.".

PhilA

This is a funny question! I guess they sometimes wonder if people will make comments and stuff, but what can you do.

WrestlinFan

Ha, this topic is awesome.

I guess they'd feel a little embarrassed considering the "fat lazy cops sitting around eating doughnuts" stereotype.

Dunkel

I never quite understood the relationship between doughnuts and police officers. I mean, there are a lot of references on tv shows, for example: on The Simpsons.
tbWYEJj.png

But in real life, I have only witnessed it twice.

ciorex

Doughnuts are perfect energy storing foods, carbs and sugar for when you need to chase someone down for example. They're also really tasty, if a tad unhealthy, and when I say "a tad" I mean really unhealthy. Might I sugest carrying insulin shots on you at all times or just eat something else.

bala

There have been instances of relating cops with donuts,but yes if i were one i might feel embarrassed about it but seriously i wouldn't mind that nor feel apprehensive about buying donuts.

Shawn

I would be the type that would feel badly about eating them in any outfit. Usually, they are not very healthy for you. I think nowadays, most cops are going for fitness and health tactics so they are avoiding them. Maybe we need to start a new thing - cops with flatbread crisps or something like that haha.

Vivat

I see cops eat them, and I see other people eat them. I wouldn't even notice, if nobody would keep pointing out it.

JoanMcWench

I see many police officers in the states at Dunkin' Donuts often. Though I have to admit I do NOT see them purchasing doughnuts. I always see them purchasing coffee. If I have ever seen an officer purchase a doughnut it would have been in a dozen in a box. I have NEVER seen an officer in uniform walk into a bakery, buy a single doughnut, and eat it there in front of anyone.

PriscillaKing

I used to live in a city neighborhood where all kinds of businesses, certainly including convenience stores and bakeries, offered "police specials" on the theory that thieves would avoid stores/restaurants where police cars often stopped. I always thought that was the origin of the stereotype.