Do you get paranoid writing on forums?

js85

The easy answer to this is to not open up too much. I don't tell anybody anything publicly online that I wouldn't say to a stranger in polite conversation. :) I've been part of forums that I knew the people IRL, but even then I don't post private information - I'd reserve that for a PM or Facebook connection.

JulianWilliams

No, I don't. I never post stuff I wouldn't tell somebody in person anyway, so I'm fine in that respect. I'm also fairly respectful to people I encounter on forums, so there's no reason why any one of them would hold a grudge against me or something like that. I suppose you could not use your real e-mail address and name when posting on forums to further increase your security.

megankl

I love being able to put my input into forums and being allowed to have a voice and to reply to whatever it is I want to, but I don't think I would ever meet up with someone that I met off of a forum. I just loving being able to state my opinion and have hope that it will have an impact on other people!

Josie

I don't tend to give much info at all. I'm not on forums to make friends, so I don't give up that sort of information. I may drop something from time to time that might narrow down where I am a little, but I'm not very direct with anything. I don't say my real name or my exact city or anything beyond what I do in my own home really. And yep, comes from paranoia, but I have good reason. Actually, everyone does lol.

Not really. I mean, yes, I'd feel uncomfortable should somebody press me for more personal details than I'm willing to share. That's just nosey and sometimes that person might have an alterior motive to just getting to know you. I'd get paranoid around such posters but not by just being on forums because I don't share much that could land me in some sort of trouble. Stay safe.

oraclemay

I don't get paranoid, but I think it is always good to be cautious on the internet. Not using your real name is the best way to do things. This allows you to open up and share information without any specific or personal details that will reveal who you are. You do not have to be paranoid if you are not leaving a trail.

shilpa123

I used to get a lot paranoid. But now i dont. It has become a part and parcel of my life. I enjoy it .

Gabe

I am wary about what I do write and share, because part of using forums to to share experiences. I am more aware of the other party when I share things for example when I talk about a friend or a family member. I use many different user names, but each post is recorded and can be searched, therefore it is put out there, albeit anonymously.

dyanmarie25

I don't really get paranoid. I live in an Asian country, I doubt if there are a couple of users who are from here as well, so I think I've got nothing to worry about. Anyway, I don't think my posts are highly controversial or giving too much information about myself. I just try to voice out my opinions and share my experiences.