Do you get promoted if you give out tickets?

leahcim132

Honestly, if they get promoted for the amount of tickets they issue, that's a big problem. There are some unreasonable people in this world and some of them are cops. If they issue tickets to every car they see they might as well be the chief officer.

shilpa123

I do not think it can be really helpful to write tickets just to get promoted. I do believe that one needs to be honest with their work while doing something like this. I think it can happen sometimes.

Peninha

This would really make no sense if it happened, I think a police officer should be promoted for doing a good job and not for writing tickets by itself.

LitoLawless

I think promotions are giving for outstanding service and making an overall difference, but giving the politics in most jobs I could be wrong. Maybe they just need a certain amount of arrests and tickets before they get a promotion. That would make the most sense, it would give everyone incentive, and everyone can do it.

ally79

No, police do not get promotions based on the number of tickets they hand out. That is just one of the many, many urban legends about the police that seem to spread around.

Kittyworker

There is no official incentive for cops to hand out tickets. However there are sometimes competitions to see who can hand out the most tickets over a certain period of time. These aren't official of course, just a bunch of cops who are doing it for fun.

shilpa123

I do not think one an get an easy ticket to ones dreams if they just promote a person's dreams. It is best to try out other ways to earn money.

JoanMcWench

I knew of prizes but not promotions that were given out when a cop got a certain amount of tickets. Like televisions or trips. If I remember correctly a DUI was one of the higher valued tickets. I'm not sure if this is a regular occurrence but it was a smaller town where it's easier to do this sort of thing.

shilpa123

I do not think one can get promoted by giving out tickets. It is not the same thing as doing a legal business. It definitely should not be done.

Profit5500

I do not think one can get promoted by giving out tickets. It is not the same thing as doing a legal business. It definitely should not be done.
No the officer has to give the tickets for the right cause. He has to give out citations when the person violated the traffic law just not in a abusive manner.