Do you like math?

Peachdejour

I took up through Calculus III in college. I understood it, but had really bad test anxiety. I did great in my statistics class, which is good because that is what I work with now. I don't know that I necessarily like it, but I just understand it easily. I like human sciences and regular sciences and anything that means I'm still learning. I'm a nerd.

Shimus

I liked all studies in school ASIDE from Math. I just can't figure out extreme equations, yet I love to philosophize on universal entities and beings outside our planet. I guess we all just have our areas where we are 'weak' in. Nobody is perfect.

I don't mind basic math, and algebra and such, but anything above that the numbers start spinning in my head.

missbishi

Nope, can't stand mathematics. It took me three attempts to pass my GCSE (post-16 UK examination) in the subject and I've avoided it ever since. Luckily, smartphones mean that I've always got a calculator handy so never have to rely on working things out in my head.

JoanMcWench

I agree with a point already made: I like math when money is involved. Counting money that's mine should be the only reason math exists. Just MY money. No, I've always been pretty good at math. It's a necessary evil.

dyanmarie25

Same here. I have never really liked math. Math and I will never ever get along until the end of the world. Actually, one of the reasons I took a Bachelor's degree in English was because I hate math and badly wanted to avoid it.

bala

I agree with a point already made: I like math when money is involved. Counting money that's mine should be the only reason math exists. Just MY money. No, I've always been pretty good at math. It's a necessary evil.
Only when money is involved.?
That really isn't the math..:p Real math is Finite element analysis,a pain in the arse in the name of math.God let everyone not have the pain of studying it.

wameyo

The only time I like math is when Im counting money. Other than that I hate it.

I like that. Resonates with me too. I only like math when I'm counting money. Just basic mathematics and not some complex stuff like algebra or statistics. I've never actually applied the hard mathematics that I was taught in high school, so at times I wonder what was the point of learning the complex equations.

oraclemay

I gave up maths before I entered high school. We could do that years ago. It just got on my nerves and when it got into algebra and angles etc. I just got lost! No I do not like it and have never found the need for more than the necessary. It is much easier to understand now that I am older and I am able to research whatever I need to know myself.

Key343

I enjoy math a lot. I feel like it just takes a while to learn and apply. However, once you learn it, its super fun and easy. I enjoy teaching it too. You have to have a good teacher to have good results.