Do you like plastic flowers?

helaofthenorns

My mother recently discovered her love for plastic flowers. Yes, these are more affordable, and they require less maintenance. However, I think that they don't have the same delicateness and novelty as real flowers. Which do you prefer as house decorations? Plastic or real flowers?

headmaster

I have always hated anything plastic. Although some of them are very realistic, they do not feel as nice to touch as the real thing. I guess its all up to individual taste.

LuckyGirl08

I like plastic flowers for decoration in my home because I never have to worry about them dying or forgetting to water them. I only like real flowers on special occasions or for dinner center pieces on my table. They are a lot cheaper and tend to last longer than real flowers.

bala

You already answered your own question."they don't have the same delicateness and novelty as real flowers."
We decorate our house with flowers for their smell and their appealing sense.Any guy would be able to instantly tell if its plastic or real..These artificial's often don't impress someone.Even when the flowers wither,they lend that surrounding a beauty...Naturals FTW.

Muthoni

Some plastic flowers are very lovely but cannot compete with the sweet smell of fresh flowers. The problem with fresh flowers is that they wither and die. A vase is also required for the fresh flower and care is needed for the few days they remain in good condition. Yes, I like plastic flowers.

oraclemay

Real flowers are lovely, but they are expensive. The plastic flowers that are sold today look so real that they are often mistaken for real flowers. Plastic flowers are more affordable and they can last forever.

PhilA

If they are very authentic looking then yes why not, but the tacky cheap ones you find in the Dr surgery waiting room etc are a waste of time.

dostava

You can always go outside and observe real flowers in their habitat. I find it odd that people admire flowers and talk about how beautiful they are and how pleasantly they smell and then pick them and let them wither in water-filled pots. There are plenty of ways to decorate a house without dead plants. I think it's better for everyone if flowers aren't picked but rather left alone for everyone to appreciate. They last longer that way, too.