Do you listen to live police scanners?

megankl

I love listening to my local police scanner and also the most popular police scanners in areas where there is a lot going on! I live listening to the process of their calls and how they are dispatched to each area.. its really addicting actually. Do any of you listen to police scanners? if so for what cities are your favorite?

JoshPosh

Banned
No. In fact I never seen one before, believe it or not. However, we did have a radar detector in our car once but this was years ago.

Patrick

I don't own a police scanner, nor would I want one or know where to find one. I think that listening to police broadcasts would be a fairly boring and meaningless thing to do, unless you are planning something criminal and are looking to avoid detection?

Gelsemium

Actually I never listened to them, I feel that it has to be really stressing to hear all that emergency information.

missamanda819

I haven't listened to a police scanner before. While the nosey part of me would be interested in it, I don't think it would be a good idea. There is so much negativity around us, I feel like just hearing about it more so would make me fearful and paranoid.

I do listen to them sometimes. I have an app for it on my phone. I listen to towns in Colorado like Denver and the surrounding areas because that is where I live. Sometimes I will listen to stations from California, my home town. Such as Modesto, Central California and southern California. Occasionally I will listen to one from New York too. It really is interesting to listen to them at times.

GlacialDoom

Sometimes, online. I don't remember it right now, but I know for sure there was a website where you could choose one of many cities' police scanners to listen to, and it would also play some music in the background. That made for some nice and interesting atmosphere.

jeremy2

Where i come from, that is illegal and you could spend time in jail if convicted.Our system is not that liberal and you could be suspected of having an ulterior motive possibly planning a felony. Listening to scanners sounds like fun but am better off listening to my stereo here.

primalclaws1974

I haven't had a police scanner in my home in 20 years. I believe they are akin to the antiquated CB of yesterday. I consider people that have or had them to be busybodies. It is not my business if "Joe Blow" is getting arrested for weed. I equally think police blotters in newspapers and online, as well as "see who got arrested" segments are the radio and TV are crude and serve no purpose other than to spread gossip.

Determined2014

I do like listening to police scanners, there was a time , when that is all I would do, is listen to the police scanner, my favorite city ws Detroit, it was so crazy.

ally79

Growing up we listened to the police scanner all of the time, but I have never had one of my own before. I would actually love to get one. I had no idea that you could listen to them online and I am going to check into that right now!

ic3squid

I used to listen to a police scanner. Now, with the riots happening in ferguson I switched it on again. It seems like there's a lot of bad things going on there, stores catching on fire, lots of looting, I feel sorry for the people who have to endure all of that pain because of a case.

Nate5

I haven't listened to one for my local area before, as I trust that police officers will do their jobs properly no matter if you're listening to the scanner or not. If there is a problem that concerns civilians, I'm pretty sure it will be immediately reported on the news. However, I did listen to police reports during the riots in Ferguson just to have a glimpse of what the situation was like there. It was quite terrifying, even through audio.