Do you still go to the cinema? How often?

JayeeDolo

Nowadays, I have a very limited budget, so I'm not in the theater seats as often as I'd prefer.
There's a certain feeling you get watching films in the cinema you definitely won't get anywhere else; that vibe that comes with being a part of this 100-year old communal art experience is something your HDTV, computer monitor, and especially your goddamn Iphone can't ever come close to providing.
Basically, I feel that I'm missing out these days.

bala

When the digital age of Netflix and Bigflix have cropped by,we have avoided going to cinemas.We gather at a friends place and we watch a film together with all the snackies there.We can create a ruckus and watch unlike in theaters.The times have changed...:p.The cinemas are an option only if we know it has a great star cast..some recognized one.

helaofthenorns

Of course! Personally, going to the cinema is a great way to support the industry. I make sure that I watch movies at the cinema on their first showing day especially if it's a Marvel movie. I also watch maybe around twice to thrice a month.

stevesxs9

I don't go as much as I use to. Nowadays I only attend a movie about once a month. I usually just watch what's on the movie channels or netflix.

AlexF15

I do not actually go to the Cinema, I spend most of my time on the Internet watching Netflix. Netflix is like a home made Cinema. I'd rather sit in the comfort of my house, then go somewhere to sit in uncomfortable clothes with high priced food.

LuckyGirl08

I just download my movies and watch them at home. I find it a lot better then going to the theater. I like relaxing with peace and quiet when watching movies and I cannot do that at a cinema.

PhilA

I pay about £15 a month for an unlimited card. This is the cost of 2 films, and I can go unlimited times a month. I usually go about 2 times, I should go a lot more often really. But I love the cinema.

js85

I'm really disappointed with how expensive movies are these days. I like going to movies for big theatrical movies with graphics and sounds - but for just a normal movie it isn't worth everything like that.

Muthoni

I remember watching titanic on the big screen for the first time, it took my breath away. I have not been to cinema in a long time. Most cinemas have gone out of business in my region because movies are sold cheaply at stalls. Furthermore people today download movies from the internet. I agree with you that there is something special about watching a movie in a cinema.

oraclemay

We download and watch most of our movies, but occasionally we go to the cinema. Whenever there is a little extra money and we need an outing. Going to the cinema has also become expensive and not everyone can afford it.

missamanda819

We go as often as we can. Usually - that's about 1-2/month, at most. Some months, we're not able to go. We would love to go more often, but with the expense of ticket prices, it's not easy. We have a family of 4, so you're looking at about $40/movie.

We do have a theater in town that shows older movies for discounted prices - $2/person. So, we take advantage of that a lot of times. I'd definitely rather pay $8 vs. $40. The movies aren't super old, they've just been out a few months. Works for me. :)

shreklock

I go to the cinema only if there's a premiere of a movie I really like. For me it's better to stay at home and watch movie in my room.

DancingLady

We only go a few times a year for things we REALLY want to see. I haven't been since I saw Noah, which I regretted seeing. Other than that I haven't been since Desolation of Smaug. I don't plan to go until Battle of Five Armies is in the theaters, after that I probably won't go again for at least a few months, perhaps even a year or so.

Determined2014

I still do, because there is nothing like a cinema theater, that feeling is different the sound is different, so I still go to the theaters to watch movies, I would say twice a month.

olivia

I haven't gone to see a movie in the theaters in a long time. It's just much easier and less expensive to watch movies at home. However, there is something special about going to cinema and watching on the big screen with full sound and getting movie theater popcorn. It's something I would maybe do every so often as a treat but not regularly.

Profit5500

We only go a few times a year for things we REALLY want to see. I haven't been since I saw Noah, which I regretted seeing. Other than that I haven't been since Desolation of Smaug. I don't plan to go until Battle of Five Armies is in the theaters, after that I probably won't go again for at least a few months, perhaps even a year or so.

I could remember seeing Desolation of Smaug that was awesome. Battle of the Five Armies comes out in December so I am so stoked about it. I hope it would be as good as Desolation of Smaug.

megankl

I don't go to the cinema nearly as much as I used to. In fact, I haven't gone once in 2014. Why you may ask? Well because there are just no movies coming out lately that are even WORTH going to see. I don't know what is happening to movies now a days but they're aren't nearly as many good ones coming out as there used to be. Most of the movies that are coming out are re makes of old movies and it sucks. Where are all the new, GOOD movies at?? *sigh*

Patrick

These days, I usually only go to the movies once a month, or once every two months, if there are movies I really want to see. I try to avoid getting to the cinema on a weekend, though, to avoid the rush of people who are trying to get a break from their kids, or get the most of their weekend in a few hours. There's often a huge amount of people in the cinema on a weekend, so much so that there isn't a free seat in sight because all the tickets have been booked. If I do have to go on a weekend, I try to go at night time so there's no crowd.

Onionman

For me, cinema is more than just the movie itself. It's the experience, the dark space, the big chairs, the laughing together, even the popcorn. I just prefer it as an experience than watching it on my same old sofa at home. That said, it's not cheap and I probably really should try to cut down on the activity a bit.

js85

I honestly haven't gone for over a year now. Maybe a year and a half. It's expensive, but I do like going when it's a good theatrical movie with extensive sounds and visuals. There haven't been many of them that I want to see, so I haven't gone lately.