Do you take supplements?

Rob93FL

Right now I just take a daily multivitamin, whey protein, and creatine monohydrate. The daily multivitamin helps me get all of the vitamins that I need, the whey protein helps increase hypertrophy, and the creatine monohydrate increases my ATP levels.

As far as pre-workouts go, I've never paid for any branded ones. I've tried some of my friends' pre-workouts, but they did nothing more than a cheap 100-200mg caffeine pill would do.

wulfman

One Centrum . Sometimes Ensure power in milk. But rarely nowadays.
I used to drink a lot of Boost when I was younger. I loved the taste too.

askanison

I just take my daily multi-vitamin and drink plenty of juiced veggies and fruits. Buying a juicer was the best thing I could ever have done for myself. I cut out the soft drinks and only drink water and my juices. I feel so much better and vital. You can find tons of recipes for natural energy and health drinks.

wulfman

Took creatinine when I lifted regularly in college. Thats about how far I went though.
I actually had a moron friend that overdosed on creatinine. His body stopped producing it and he had to get injections of it.

Peninha

Yesterday I started taking Gold Drink from Gold Nutrition, it didn't impressed me much, but I have no pains today after an intense 2 hours workout.

btatro

I solely take a strong multivitamin. My try to keep my diet as 'clean' and 'whole' as possible to ensure that I am getting the majority of the nutrients I need naturally and from their original source.

Rob93FL

Yesterday I started taking Gold Drink from Gold Nutrition, it didn't impressed me much, but I have no pains today after an intense 2 hours workout.

I don't think the drink had anything to do with you having no DOMS. All Gold Drink does is hydrate you, much like drinking a Gatorade would. It has nothing in it to help with DOMS.

Vivat

Fish oil, orange triad and a healthy diet. A supplement is meant to literally supplement - It doesn't replace your core method of staying healthy, you have to eat well to truly benefit from a supplement.

Rob93FL

Fish oil, orange triad and a healthy diet. A supplement is meant to literally supplement - It doesn't replace your core method of staying healthy, you have to eat well to truly benefit from a supplement.

Yeah, I know a lot of people who assume that they're going to end up in perfect shape as long as they exercise and take supplements, but they still have a terrible diet. You've got to get your diet in check to be healthy.

Determined2014

I do take suppliments, but only protein suppliments is what I take ,to help me build muscle, other than that ,there are not any other suppliments that I take.

bala

Most supplements are generally safe, as long as you follow a few requirements,but i prefer taking those vitamins and proteins the natural way rather than a capsule.Just eat healthy and make sure the intensity is there in your workouts and you'll see more gains.Supplements are recommended but not mandatory..

Rob93FL

but i prefer taking those vitamins and proteins the natural way rather than a capsule.Just eat healthy and make sure the intensity is there in your workouts and you'll see more gains.Supplements are recommended but not mandatory..

The problem is that it's expensive to be on a high-protein diet. It's much cheaper to supplement your diet with protein shakes, which is much cheaper than trying to get all of your protein from the food that you eat.

Kate

I take supplements when I remember... problem is that I forget often. I know it's especially important when working out and eating less, but I still forget. :(

What I take on the days I think of it is a multi, calcium, and sometimes a fish oil.

helaofthenorns

Yes, I do. It is pretty to think that just by eating healthy food like what other members say is enough. Eating too much of something just to gain the recommended daily intake of a vitamin can be dangerous, too. Remember that everything in excess is unhealthy. I take One-A-Day for Women because it has made me healthier and less prone to getting sick unlike when all I was doing was exercising and going on a balanced diet.