Do you think Ebola will become widespread in the US?

dariel2323

Do you think Ebola will become widespread in the US? They have the two missionaries that they sent to Atlanta and now two other confirmed cases, one in New York and one in Philadelphia (I think). If it becomes widespread in the US I think that it is pretty much a given that it will be widespread on a global level.

bala

No it won't..because the US is already on the verge of a cure..and Ebola though has many mutations it can be curbed if detected early.The drug seems to be working and they have been able to cure it with a 50% probability.
It though has a chance to spread in under developed countries,where sanitation is a problem.

helaofthenorns

I don't think so. Advanced healthcare facilities are available in the U.S. unlike in West Africa. The U.S. also have various ways to contain an outbreak.

Muthoni

No, I do not think that Ebola will become widespread. Every eye is on the lookout to determine that the disease is eliminated as soon as it is noticed. There are cases of re occurrence that are noted and taken care of. Very soon a cure will be found and this disease will be history taught in the classrooms.

Determined2014

I doubt it will, because the awareness is already out there, people are on guard about it, the health facilities are on it, so I personally do not think that it will spread that much.

stevesxs9

Anything is possible but experts think it's unlikely the current outbreak would spread to the United States. Hopefully this optimism will remain

DancingLady

I am getting less and less confident in out ability to contain it, now that we had an infected person traveling. There is definite concern in my mind that with people seeing so many other people in the course of their daily lives, that it could be very hard, if not almost impossible to find everyone who is at risk of infection and get them to stay home for 3 weeks to be sure they don't have it.

cc1001

I live in the city where the two nurses were confirmed with it. I do not think it is going to become a widespread U.S. issue. Yes people in the U.S. are scared. We need to calm down and realize this is not the first time we have had a scare like this when it has come to infectious diseases .Hopefully there will be no other confirmed cases in the U.S. and things can go back to normal.

askanison

I was reading today and the main reason i think they brought the infected here was to work on a vaccine of sorts. They have found that blood from the infected who are cured carries antibodies which will help those infected recover quicker and give them a stronger chance at survival. I hope they are right really.

milyjohnson

I hope it doesn't spread all over U.S. I heard there are cases of Ebola in the U.S. I also heard that someone who was infected with the virus was in NJ, which is where I live. I know there's no way to get it through direct contact, but the nurse in Texas got it and she was wearing the protective gear.

Patrick

The crux of the issue lies on whether governments are willing to invest a lot more resources into quarantine procedures, making sure that anyone flying in from infected regions is quarantined for 21 days. There are severe economic reprecussions for this, especially for cities with high air traffic, but I believe such a measure is for the best. If implemented, Ebola will certainly not become very widespread.