Do you think People should be entitled to Carry Concealed Weapons

Do you feel People should be allowed to carry concealed weapons

• Yes, Civilians should be able to carry concealed weapon

Votes: 25 62.5%
  • No, I don't believe civilians should carry concealed carry permits

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Onionman

I come at this question as a British person that isn't used to the concept. It's just not a debate we would have in the UK. But I've also lived in the US and I'm still fascinated by the whole first amendment principle and the desire to walk around with a gun. I just don't get it.

Gelsemium

I don't think civilians should carry weapons unless there is an evident need. If there is not, what's the point? Another loose gun?

Peninha

I'm also tired of the whiners. I don't want my rights taken away nor infringed. So gun grabbers MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS

Whiners? Really? Well, better whining that being shot down don't you think? Do you think that the US is a special country and all the other countries in the world are wrong?

Diane Lane

Yes, I support concealed carry, but then again, I support the 2nd Amendment, and I feel people shouldn't need a permit or license to carry a firearm. Requiring them to is an infringement, tantamount to judging a person guilty until proven innocent. Criminals don't care about laws, obviously, so it doesn't matter to them whether or not they have a permit. Many of them have criminal histories already, so wouldn't pass the requisite background, anyway.

Profit5500

I come at this question as a British person that isn't used to the concept. It's just not a debate we would have in the UK. But I've also lived in the US and I'm still fascinated by the whole first amendment principle and the desire to walk around with a gun. I just don't get it.
First Amendment has to do with the freedom of speech, religion, and press which there has been numerous cases where that has been tested. The Second Amendment is the one that has to do with the right to bear arms. This amendment has really been tested over the years in numerous states for years.

mairj23

Yes I think people should be able to carry a weapon, except for the felons. You have to be able to protect yourself and in the past few years, things have gotten out of control. I don't think it may pass because with so much violence instigated by the police, people will start taking action and fighting back. It should be legal, which would make it a fair playing field.

dyanmarie25

As long as it's legal, then of course, yes. When you're carrying a gun, you somehow feel secured because you know you can protect yourself with it.

Josie

Against in a huge way.. everyone looks at this in black and white. I could argue each and every point. And I'm Canadian. It's relevant.

aparsons

I'm from a country that has a fairly regulated firearms licensing system. Concealed Carry is illegal here and I prefer it that way. Here the only people who have guns are cops, licensed hunters or hobbyist target shooters, or certain criminals. The reason why I am not personally afraid of criminals having guns, is because illegal guns here are extremely expensive. The same guns that could be obtained in America for ~$3000 would be well over $10,000 on the black market. This way, petty criminals do not have the ability to purchase guns, so fewer people have them. It is my opinion that no matter how regulated your system is, the more guns there are in a country, the more that gun related crimes and injuries/deaths will occur.

kana_marie

Banned
Definitely! The person who has the license to carry is not the kind of person you have to worry about. Typically, criminals don't want it on record that they carry a gun.

Peninha

I think some people might be entitled too, but to get the licence a thorough process should be created because not just anyone should be able to have one.