Do you you think police rape ladies when arresting them?

Peninha

Africa is a world apart indeed, it makes me sad that the rest of the world takes no action to stop what's happening there.

PhilA

This is quite a wild title for a post. I think it is best that we don't assume such things. If it happens, and is proven then it needs to be addressed. Seeing a misuse of conduct and the law is always very disappointing.

GlacialDoom

In most countries, police raping people will be very particular and isolated cases. However, in African countries, especially ones with stupid superstitions, police and men in general are bound to rape women. For example, some tribes think that a cure for HIV is raping a virgin.

oraclemay

I don't think it depends on the country, but rather the person. Most people are good at heart, but if they have issues like something against women, they may rape. Police who do this are sick individuals and these incidents do occur. However, they are not limited to police alone.

Whitewolf2578

Yeah it happens all the time in foreign lands. It is a horrible thing and I think they hate the US because we are so disciplined and have morals. If I was in Africa and saw this I would intervene, it would be worth getting arrested for.

Peninha

It has to be a country in great chaos for this to happen, they are law enforcement agents, not the opposite.

bala

No i don't think so,not in here at least.As long as there is media coverage throughout the area,and where press wields some huge power,police won't dare do something like this.Moreover if one of them voices her experiences,then its all done,so they dare not do it.

Profit5500

I think cops raping women who they arrest is rare. Most people become cops to help people not hurt them.
I think that people who are suppose to become cops should already have a idea that they are there to protect and serve their community. If any person were to become a cop and not want to protect and serve the people then they should be removed.

Patrick

I don't think it depends on the country, but rather the person. Most people are good at heart, but if they have issues like something against women, they may rape. Police who do this are sick individuals and these incidents do occur. However, they are not limited to police alone.

Even if there was such a sicko in the US who somehow got into the police force, it would be much harder for him to pull it off as he would be under more surveillance from his colleagues. Rape is able to take place in Africa, and other countries such as India, due to a understaffed police force, especially in more rural areas, and more widespread corruption. There the police have free reign, and they can abuse their powers much more freely.

LongShot

They possibly could be doing that in other countries. Though, if they did that in the USA then they will most then likely get caught. When you give the power to most then you have abuse of power by a few.

Peninha

Sure, it can happen in any country, but the chances are that in a more civilized country there is more control. But perverted people exist in the police force as well, no doubt.

SamClemensMT

I haven't heard of anything like this happening in the U.S. lately. However years ago there was an incident I read about. It occurred in New York City. There was a police officer convicted of raping immigrant cab drivers. He would pull them over for traffic violations, handcuff them and sodomize them in some isolated area. Most were so ashamed that they kept quiet.

In another incident, also in New York City back in the 80's there was a police officer who was released from the force for exploiting young prostitutes. Forcing them to have sex under threat of being arrested. There are always going to be a few bad apples.

LitoLawless

As far as the states are concerned, I don't think that a lot of women are raped. I DO think that women may be intentional groped when being searched. I even think that some women may use their sex appeal to get out of situations, and their are probably many police officers that take them up on the offer.

dolittle94

I haven't heard of anything like this happening in the U.S. lately. However years ago there was an incident I read about. It occurred in New York City. There was a police officer convicted of raping immigrant cab drivers. He would pull them over for traffic violations, handcuff them and sodomize them in some isolated area. Most were so ashamed that they kept quiet.

In another incident, also in New York City back in the 80's there was a police officer who was released from the force for exploiting young prostitutes. Forcing them to have sex under threat of being arrested. There are always going to be a few bad apples.
You can never be sure whether it happens often or not. Despite it not being in the news, that doesn't mean that it doesn't occur. Some stories are either not big and turn a blind eye or people just are better at not getting caught.

Kamarsun1

Well I don't know about most countries in Africa but rape can happen anywhere, I wouldn't just single out police. This is not common for police to rape women while arresting them in the US. I'm sure there are some corrupt officers that would black mail a women into having sex with them, but rape is another story all together.

primalclaws1974

This sounds more likely in Middle Eastern countries, Russia, China, and African nations. I don't think it happens very often within America. It might occasionally happen in desolate, rural areas, with a rogue officer and a defenseless lady. I don't think it happens within county jails much. I have seen TV shows and movies that show male guards raping women in a woman's prison, but I think with all the security, that would be pretty unlikely too. Everyone on the staff would have to be in on it. It's unlikely.

shilpa123

I am not sure of whether it happens on other country but in my country I have heard such cases. I think it is really sad that such things happen and no one actually bothers about it. I hope that one day all these things would stop and be a better place to live in *

Rocky55119

In most of the countries in Africa,police are well known when it comes to rape while arresting ladies.
I always pity our ladies who suffer a lot that some get infected with very dangerous diseases like aids among others.

I wouldn't think so, if something were to happen it would be on the news. In other countries that are 3rd world etc. they can do such things without being caught often, however in the US it probably won't happen.

ally79

I am sure that it does happen on occasion, but I don't think that it is something that happens on a regular basis. At least not here in the US, I know there are other countries where it might be a whole lot more likely for this to happen.