Dougnuts?

ABC123

How often in a cops career do they here jokes about doughnuts? Does it bother cops to hear these jokes? Wonder how they got started?

missbishi

Well, the topic of donuts seems to crop up quite regularly here, so I can't imagine how many times they get mentioned to cops. I think it's because they are quick and easy to eat, relatively cheap and won't drip all down the front of your shirt.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CopDonut.jpg
    CopDonut.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 116

thegrey1

Funny pic! I think it's also because they're delicious! If I were a cop, I would eat all the comfort food I could get! LOL

sillylucy

Does anyone know where the whole cop and doughnut stereotype began? I am just really curious if anyone knows why it is so "offensive" too. I like the posted pic. I got a good laugh out of it.

ABC123

I wondered where the cop and doughnut thing got started too? Was it in a movie or did a comedian make a lasting impression about some cop and doughnut joke? Honestly, I have seen teachers have doughnuts a lot for different meetings and celebrations, so it is not just this profession.

JoanMcWench

Very true this topic has been covered ten fold. I remember this being the sort of thing I would have posted once I joined. Perhaps a tad different...:rolleyes:

Profit5500

Well, the topic of donuts seems to crop up quite regularly here, so I can't imagine how many times they get mentioned to cops. I think it's because they are quick and easy to eat, relatively cheap and won't drip all down the front of your shirt.

attachment.php
Yeah this is a funny pic and man the cop was probably going to have a field day with that Dunkin Donuts truck. He is going to have to search the truck for contraband. He would not find anything but stale donuts LOL.

Peachdejour

This remind me of the other day riding in the car with my eight year old. She goes "Mommy, when I draw cops, I draw them with donuts because I think they really really really like donuts. " Then, she giggles maniacally. I laughed too, but then I wondered where she got that idea?

wahmed

I've always wondered this too. Why do cops eat so many doughnuts. There are so many other things. So many other ways. Why not eat sandwiches for example. Its always made me curious