Driver and passenger shot dead after fatally striking toddler

Onthemark

Milwaukee police say the driver of a van and a teenager who struck and killed a 2-year-old has been shot dead.

[video]https://youtu.be/zS0AU66rFhU[/video]

thegrey1

Good Lord! What kind of psycho does something like this? The kid was in the street! The guy hit her accidentally and stopped to help! This is a horrible story! I hope the shooter gets just punishment!

RingoBerry

I'm confused. So those three people died needlessly. From how I understand it, the man that was shot and killed was someone who just stopped by to stay with the dying kid or was he the one that accidentally hit the kid and someone else took revenge for that? Either way, the whole thing is absurd. How could some people take killing someone so casually just like that... It just boggles me.

Wow! This is indeed to put it mildly a tragedy! I can understand the anguish and overwhelming grief that could come from the death of a child, but to take another child's life and a fathers in retribution is just something I am having trouble wrapping my mind around. I suppose we will have to wait to get more details of this crime to hopefully understand the actions taken by all parties involved a little clearer. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families involved.

JoanMcWench

This is what happens when rage overwhelms common sense. I assume the shooter was related to the child that died. That's the only piece of this puzzle that's missing. A prime example of when you see red & it blinds you.

katherine25

This is so tragic. As a mother of a three year old I can only imagine how the parents must have felt when they saw their child laying in the street but I would NEVER take another life because of it. You don't solve violence with violence. I know saying it was an accident doesn't bring their child back but this man clearly felt horrible and stayed to help. I hear so many stories these days of hit and runs which is clearly not the case so that says a lot of this guy, it sounded like he was a very good man and hopefully he will be remembered that way. Such a sad story.