Driver Hits Pedestrian, Keeps Driving With Man In Windshield

Anthony

Super Moderator
Marcos-Ortega.jpg

An Ocean Township, New Jersey man has been accused of allegedly striking a pedestrian and then continued to drive with him through the windshield until an officer pulled him over.
Marcos Ortega, 33, from Little Egg Harbor Township was allegedly driving drunk when he hit the 66-year-old man.
According to authorities, Ocean Township Patrolman Kyle Flatt who was responding to a call of an erratic driver around 6:45 p.m. spotted a car traveling down the highway with what appeared to be a man lying on the hood of the car.
Ocean Township police conducted field sobriety tests on Ortega at the scene, which determined that Ortega was impaired.
Ortega was approximately 1.5 miles from the scene by the time the officer stopped him.
The victim, Kenneth C. Moeller, sustained serious injuries and is listed in critical condition.
He was airlifted to Jersey Shore University Medical Center in Neptune.
Police have charged Ortega with leaving the scene of a motor vehicle crash, and causing serious bodily injury to another while driving under the influence. Ortega is being held on $150,000 bail.

Attachments

• Ortegadui.jpg
    Ortegadui.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:

Gelsemium

What? He kept on driving with the man on the windshield? Is this for real? Does that guy really exists??

Peninha

Wow, the poor man is in critical condition, luckily he didn't fell off the moving car even so.

pattycake

I think that people who hit and run do it because they either feel angry and want to hurt somebody, or it was an accident and they kept going because they're driving without insurance and don't want their license taken away. If the latter is the case, then the driver is likely to flee the scene of an accident.

Allison2021

This sounds like deja vu all over again!
The first time I heard of a similar case was a few years ago. I believe it was a strung out nut who accidentally hit a man. She parked her car in her garage. She may have hit the poor dying man because he cried too loudly. She was a fair trial, and convicted. She was given a life sentence without parole.
Thank goodness that Ortega's victim is at least still alive. I wonder what kind of sentence will he receive?

Sweetheart

I don't think I know this area of Jersey. A completely reckless act. The poor old guy probably had no time to get out of the way. Why people do this just doesn't make any sense.