Dumbest things you have seen a criminal do?

dchalke

When they post something on Facebook about the crime they committed. It makes my job alot easier.

PriscillaKing

Our local newspapers report things that might not be bizarre enough for "News of the Weird" all by themselves, but when people are on drugs they just keep piling up stupidities. A few years ago I read about a Hawkins County stoner who was speeding, with booze and drugs in the car, I think it was a custody-kidnapping child in the front seat, and when he was pulled over he threatened the cop. Like, did he *want* to go to jail?!

tanker

A guy I worked with, while on lunch break, went a robbed a store while wearing his work ID which had the company name and his first and last name clearly visible. The comical part was the guy was wearing a mask and everything. It took the cops around 1 hour to solve the crime, they just went to where we where working and picked him up. To make things even more comic, the guy despite being caught red handed with the cash on him, tried to plead guilty.

The guy was not too bright.

JoanMcWench

I have one but this was around five years ago:

A good friend of mine was a manager of a fast food restaurant which shall remain nameless. EVERYONE who worked there had been doing things that would have got them fired: stealing, drinking, smoking weed, etc. So, one morning my friend opens up & sees the van of someone who works there in the parking lot waiting for her. Out of the van pours all the morning shift workers (& a smoke cloud0 high as kites. So, the day seems to be going fine until they start going out in shifts again to smoke & one of these workers comes back & is freaking out. Like running around & saying crazy things loudly in front of customers. After doing that for about five minutes he hits the silent alarm (used for armed robberies) runs out into the parking lot & starts running in circles until the police arrived armed to the teeth. They end up ticketing the store but not arresting anyone. When the employee was questioned he confessed to getting 'too high on the job'. Hilarious.

Rainman

Reporting a crime with intent of blaming someone for a crime only to find himself in the soup because of their story's inconsistencies. I've seen it happen once. Man assaulted another and was repulsed. Violently. He called the police, told them he was just walking by minding his own business when . . . minding his own business on someone's drive-way?

shilpa123

I believe that the dumbest thing I have seen a criminal do is try to escape when he has been pinned down by a police officer. It is quite pathetic.

RingoBerry

I was stuck in traffic and apparently a few meters ahead of me there was a cab getting held up by a moron. He broke the side mirror with his hand in an attempt to intimidate the driver but he ended up getting cut on his hand then run off while he was bleeding.