Educators jailed for cheating

kana_marie

Banned
ATLANTA (AP) — A group of former Atlanta educators convicted in a test cheating scandal were locked up in Fulton County jails Thursday as they await sentences that could send them to prison for years.

ATLANTA (AP) — A group of former Atlanta educators convicted in a test cheating scandal were locked up in Fulton County jails Thursday as they await sentences that could send them to prison for years.

Maybe if we didnt set impossible standards for them to live up to, maybe this wouldn't have had to happen.

JoanMcWench

That's interesting that they're now locking up teachers for cheating. This has been happening since the dawn of schools getting money based on test scores. They used to just put these teachers in a 'detention center' if they were tenured.

Nate

That's interesting. I heard exactly this goes on across Hawaii which is supposed to otherwise have the worst education system in the US.

We need to send a strong message to other teachers union types to know that they will be caught. Thank you Atlanta Constitution-Journal as well.

shilpa123

It is really sd that such things are aappening. I believe the teachers need to be more careful on what they are doing . Not everyone needs to get great marks by copying.

Josie

Yeah, there's a good use of the tax payer's money. Watch out for those test cheaters!!!! lol. This is what I'm talking about. There is a very easy solution to overcrowding and this is a big part of it. These people are not a threat to society! Power hungry so and sos. Prison should just be for the monsters.. everyone else can learn their lessons another way.

oraclemay

This is really sad to hear as every country needs to have good teachers. It is also so important for the teachers to be a good example to the children. What kind of example is this behavior, the very behavior they would accuse students of if anything appeared out of order. I think that the reasons for this need to be looked at as this behavior has far reaching consequences.