Ever Participated in a strike?

wameyo

Have you ever participated in a strike? The kind where you leave your work and go protesting on the streets with huge banners with your demands written on them.

thegrey1

No I never have. I have worked places in the past where I would have participated in a strike, had there been one.I've only worked one job where we had a union, and the union was worthless. They just took our dues and did nothing to help us in any way.

missbishi

I've taken part in two strikes at my previous workplace. We were protesting about pay cuts and changes to our working hours. Eventually, we got what we wanted but we couldn't have done it without the trade union. Worker's unions get a bad press but I feel they are vital in the continued fight for worker's rights.

JoanMcWench

I've participated in A LOT of strikes. Especially when I was younger. I've lived in the confines of a unionized family & striking was a big part of life. Seemed to be the only way they could get things done concerning all kinds of 'negotiations'. I found them entertaining. Especially when people might have been drinking & arguing with people attempting to cross the line.

Shimus

Only in a couple, and it never was to the benefit of anybody either. The shoppes never gave in and the negotiations stalemated. But it felts kinda good to be helping the underdog when helping in the strike itself.

dyanmarie25

No, I have never participated in any kind of strike before. It's just not my thing and don't have the energy to do all those stuffs.

Gabe

No, because of social media and CCTV it can come back to haunt you, especially as I want to pursue a career in law and it can go against you. I do have friends that have a society where you can pay for them to turn up and protest for you, like a rent-a-protester. I think people have the right to protest and yes it can work by creating pressure, but one has to be aware of the consequences too. There are other ways to protest instead, anonymously.

FuZyOn

I wanted to, but sadly I didn't get the chance since I was too caught up on work to do so. Still, I would like to participate in one in a couple of weeks, I was invited and I think I'm going to go.
It's for children care.

bala

Yeah in college.:p
Demanded that the accommodation be made better as is offered for the post graduates.I don't know why their rooms alone were a treat to watch like the facilities, and here there were none.We protested :p and brought in the majority to "strike".