Execution of 2 NYPD Officers has brought Arrests in NY to a virtual Halt

admin

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Ever since the murder of 2 of the NYPD Police force, arrests have plummeted. Then numbers are staggering, showing a drop of 84% in drug related crimes and 92% for minor offenses like public drinking and urinating in public. There is a 94% drop off in citations for traffic violations.

Police commissioner Bill Braton and Mayor Bill de Blasio are planing an emergency summit with the heads of the five unions to try to mend some fences. The Union leaders have implemented several changes including, requiring two units to show up at all calls since the assassination of the 2 NYPD officers. This has been instrumental in the decline of arrests made since it has delayed response times.

It has been reported that the slow down is due to new safety concerns but is is also suspected that there is a silent slow down in response to de Blasio's reaction to the non indictment in the Eric Garner Case. This is a slowdown meant to make it clear that the NYPD feels betrayed and left behind by the mayors office.

Although the meeting is being looked at as a positive step, many believe it is just a publicity stunt and really has no sincerity on the mayors part.

Attachments

• nypd-police_officers.jpg
    nypd-police_officers.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 604
  • nypd-police_officers.jpg
    nypd-police_officers.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 656
Last edited by a moderator:

Sweetheart

Certainly understandable that the NYPD feels this way. It is two different worlds; the mayors office and the police department. We'll see if they mend the fences. They should. Somehow situations like this always remind me of the scene from spiderman. "When you mess with one New Yorker, you are messing with all of us." There is always this sense of "I've always got your back." as one New Yorker to another. Standing for whats right.

Rocky55119

I can only agree with them, at this point it would be lucky if I hadn't quit my job. With all of this happening, I would feel as the Mayor isn't even aware he has a police department...

...oh well. I hope they find something out, even though two lives of officers were lost, alot of possible police and civilian endangerment could show, especially with lowered police action at this time.

pattycake

@ Sweetheart

I see your point. But it would be great if the police felt that way about police misconduct. It's like people are implying that people of color don't have the right to take a stand for themselves as anybody else has. In this way, the police are childish and hypocritical.

dolittle94

I can only agree with them, at this point it would be lucky if I hadn't quit my job. With all of this happening, I would feel as the Mayor isn't even aware he has a police department...

...oh well. I hope they find something out, even though two lives of officers were lost, alot of possible police and civilian endangerment could show, especially with lowered police action at this time.
I agree with that. I can understand where they are coming from, especially with the death of the two officers, but that doesn't mean you can just stop your job as an officer. I'm just going to say that I hope that they have a solution to the problem soon, because they aren't indirectly punishing innocent victims of crime by stopping arrests, not just hostile civilians.

Gelsemium

It's a way to protest, why not, the police officers are not the bad guys and it's about time that the population understands that...