Facial Tattoos Gets Man Arrested

Anthony

Super Moderator
Hinshaw.jpg
A man's face tattoos made it way too easy for witnesses and officers to quickly identify and arrest him when they responded to a disturbance at a Billings hotel on September 28.
According to authorities there was a complaint of a man making threats at the staff and refusing to leave the hotel.
An officer who was responding to the call realized the tattoo descriptions matched those of 40-year-old Michael Ray Hinshaw from previous encounters.
The officer also spotted Hinshaw's Dodge Challenger, which he then saw Hinshaw driving away from the area of the hotel at a very high speed.
After pulling the suspect over, the officer said he witnessed Hinshaw moving his hands under the seat.
A search of the vehicle revealed a syringe under the driver's seat. It contained 40 units of liquid that tested positive for methamphetamine, court records state.
Hinshaw had a passenger 26-year-old Amanda Parrish. She was also arrested after she allegedly gave police a false name. Police found a Clonazepam pill in her bag that was not prescribed to her.
Hinshaw pleaded not guilty Tuesday to felony drug possession and misdemeanor drug paraphernalia possession and is being held on $10,000 bond.
Parrish pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor obstructing a peace officer and felony drug possession, her bond was set at $3,000.

Last edited by a moderator:

sharpayvargas1

Upon reading the headline, I thought you meant that having tattoos in the face is illegal. You actually mean that that having easily-recognizable tattoos in the face could lead to easy identification of a person who commits a crime. You get arrested for doing something bad and not for having tattoos.

Strykstar

I guess it's a good thing that dumb criminals make themselves easily identifiable, makes the police's work that much easier.

Muthoni

Things just get worse as one continues to read this story. With so many disadvantages of abusing drugs, people keep using them. At forty years old, Michael should know better to keep away from drugs that lower his thinking capacity. Amanda will learn the dangers of associating with people of corrupted morals.

SF13

Wouldn't it be nice if every criminal went ahead and got a face tattoo before committing crimes. Of course, there would be morons who would get the same tattoo to look like they were criminals for 'street cred,'

mimsee

Wouldn't it be nice if every criminal went ahead and got a face tattoo before committing crimes. Of course, there would be morons who would get the same tattoo to look like they were criminals for 'street cred,'

That is actually the reason that most people get facial tattoos; street cred. I think they're all trashy, personally. If you have such an easily identified tattoo, though, why would you go and commit crime? It's not like you can disguise yourself easily once you've covered your face in ink.

Strykstar

This sounds like a great way to have people identified easily, whenever a person is arrested for something, have that tattooed onto their face, you could easily tell criminals apart then :)

Sweetheart

I must have missed this one. People get tattoos like this? Some people get tattoos for attention but this is a bit much. I'd like to question him. I would just like to know the story around the tattoos. It is like he just wants to be viewed as the devil.