Family killed by gas from rotting potatoes

cjdatk

I guess that's the end of Mr. Potatoe Head, isn't potatoes used to make high grain moonshine?

bala

At least she survived,thank god.I reckon the gas was heavier than air, and so it didn't rise up from the cellar and pollute the entire air inside,maybe that's how she survived.I pity this girl.It will be a tough live but she will have god's grace on her.God bless.!

ic3squid

What a strange way to die, I wonder what would be written on their grave stones. "Death by potato" I guess?

cpefley

That's horrible. You never think of people dying in such strange ways. I didn't even know rotting potatoes gave off a noxious gas at all.

ic3squid

That's horrible. You never think of people dying in such strange ways. I didn't even know rotting potatoes gave off a noxious gas at all.

Yeah, it's a really strange way to die. I guess this should teach a lesson to the public as well, don't keep rotting potato's in your home.

Vivat

Somehow that sounds extremely terrifying. Death by potatos? Something so simple? It's morbid, to say the least.

Ricardo187

It's the case to say, what the f***? It's such a sad and tragic way to die. I mean, gas from potatoes, it's insane. May they rest in peace...

dariel2323

This is a strange story, very strange. I did not know that happened. Sorry for the affected family. Every day new and strange things we know.

askanison

Wow you can die from the fumes of rotting potatoes? I never heard of that. Maybe that is why my Mom had a tater box she kept her bags in all those years. Horrible that this child was orphaned like that.

stevesxs9

Wow! that's terrible to hear. I had no idea potatoes could be that toxic and produce poisonous gas like that.

True2marie

What a sad story. I feel horrible for that little girl. Hopefully, she has other relatives or even friends to her family that can raise her.

I am also shocked that rotten potatoes release a toxic gas. I am wondering how many pounds of potatoes were in the cellar.

DancingLady

I also had no idea potatoes could produce such toxic gases. That is so sad. I will definitely keep an eye on my potatoes and through away any bad ones right away.

LuckyGirl08

This is very new for me. I never new that potatoes can release a deadly gas and kill people. This makes me scared to even buy potatoes much less eat them. I'm glad she serviced but I am sure she will never eat potatoes again.

Muthoni

The first question that came to mind when I saw this news is; did the family not smell the rotting potatoes? Rotating potatoes have a very disgusting smell and I am surprised that the family did not go to the cellar to check where the smell was coming from. It is just unfortunate that this little girl is left on her own.

Profit5500

Wow you can die from the fumes of rotting potatoes? I never heard of that. Maybe that is why my Mom had a tater box she kept her bags in all those years. Horrible that this child was orphaned like that.
I love french fries to the letter and will always do. Now I have to be careful of rotten potatoes FTW. I have smelled bad potatoes but not to a point where death was imminent. Its a shame a beautiful day wasted due to some rotten potatoes.

js85

Wow. I knew fruits and vegetables could give off some toxins and such, but never so deadly. Awful.