Favorite Horror Movie?

soconfused

From the past decade? I seriously think horror is dead. Whenever I'm in mood for a good scare I go back and watch movies made before the 2000s. Do you have any favorites from this decade?

headmaster

I still get a kick out of Stephen King's stories in film. I guess it is because I always read the books first, so my mind automatically fills in the bits from the books that the movies cannot portray. My favourite one is the short story, 'The Mist', which was done very well as a movie.

GlacialDoom

Scream I and II. It's so well made that some scenes make you shiver, but it also has many funny scenes, so the movie knows how to relax you before making you shit your pants again.

Patrick

I found The Devil Inside to be pretty terrifying, that's really the only recent horror movie that I remember being half-decent.

januz101

We all love a good scare every now and then? My recent favorite horror movie would be Oculus. I was watching the movie with my girlfriend and I was screaming like a girl. *It was fund and scary so worth the watch.

stevesxs9

I really have about six or seven favorites: The Exorcist, The cabin in the woods, The Shining, Paranormal Activity, The Evil Dead, Wolfman and Nightmare on Elm Street.

Muthoni

I must admit that I have not been watching a lot of movies lately. Someone recommended that I watch Carrie which I did. I did not find it scary at all, besides I did not like the ending. I like a horror movie that makes me feel afraid or surprised at least. If I like a movie, I watch it at least twice, I have not watched Carrie again.

askanison

I have always been a fan of the old school Universal monster movies. I spent many a night sitting up late watching those and loving every minute of it. I was always a huge Wolf man fan because of Lon Chaney. He always made the character more sad and sympathetic.

mscolumalum

I love The Cabin In the Woods. It's not the scariest movie I've ever seen, at least not in the conventional way. It is a really smart film though. It'll make you think for a long time after you've watched it. I love movies like that. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves the horror genre.