Favorite movie quote

helaofthenorns

I was watching Pride and Prejudice (2005) again last night, and of course, I was captivated again by the lines. Even though they weren't as good as the ones in the book, I still liked how they were delivered by the actors.

The most memorable line for me there was when Mr. Darcy said "You bewitch me, body and soul". Maybe, it has something to do with being a girl, but I went awwww when I first heard it.

What are your most favorable movie lines or quotes?

Nevi

My favorite movie quote is from Star Wars Empire Strikes Back, When Yoda says Do, or do not. There is no "try".

bala

"A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders, to let him know the world hadn't ended."
BATMAN..!!

Profit5500

Movie quotes can be awesome and I remembered watching The Dark Knight Returns Part 1 which was cool. My favorite quote from that movie was "This isn't a mudpool, this is a operating table and i'm the surgeon". That quote was epic in that movie which is why that movie was one of my favorites.

nikkilsvgs

My favorite movie quote right now that I use a lot after 12 years of being married to my husband is from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. "The man is the head of the family but, the women is the neck and can turn the head any which way it wants."

dostava

"I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables – slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."

I've probably rewatched Fight Club 10-or-so times. This quote captures, in my opinion, the essences of both the movie and our lives in the current position we live in.

Jokester050288

Lol my favorite movie quote has to be from Major Payne. I love when he said BOY I AM TWO SECONDS FROM BEING ON YOU LIKE WHITE ON RICE A GLASS OF MILK AND PAPER PLATE IN A SNOW STORM. Best quote by far to me.

chasedood

My favorite quote would have to be from my favorite move Top Gun, the quote that I like is "It's classified. I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."

missamanda819

Ok, so I'm a little embarrassed to admit this. My all-time favorite quote is from Dirty Dancing - "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

The first time I saw that movie, I was young and was so excited that Johnny came back for her. To this date, it's one of my favorites. My husband picks on me about it all the time. Coincidentally, my husband's name is Johnny. Lol

btripp2

"As a black man in America, my stress comes from everywhere. Recognize. Take a look around you. Look at this, Columbus, it disgusts me. Fool wasn't nothing but a thief, mass murder. He done slaughtered millions of Native Americans, and we done got a holiday and university named after his honor." - Malik, Higher Learning

If you ever want to learn about issues of racism I recommend watching this movie. It opened my eyes.

Nate5

"We came, we saw, we kicked its a**!" - Venkman, Ghostbusters. I found it to be a hilarious take on a classic Caesar quote. Not to mention that it can be used in many situations, like after exams, or a bar crawl.

primalclaws1974

I have several favorite quotes from "Dumb and Dumber". One is when they get pulled over and have beer in the car. The police officer takes a swig, only to discover it is pee. Lloyd: "Tic Tac,sir?". Officer: Get out of here!". Another scene is when Lloyd is in the bathroom, practicing what he wants to say to the girl. When he comes out he mixes up his words and says, "I desperately want to make love to a schoolboy!".

shilpa123

My favourite movie quote is from titanic where the actor asks where to miss and she replies to the stars. I think this is one of the best movie dialogue I have ever heard. I totally enjoy watching such movies.*

Patrick

"I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables – slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need."

I've probably rewatched Fight Club 10-or-so times. This quote captures, in my opinion, the essences of both the movie and our lives in the current position we live in.

I was going to use this quote as well. Fight Club is a very inspirational movie, despite the fact that many people are using it as a meme.

jeremy2

I was watching Pride and Prejudice (2005) again last night, and of course, I was captivated again by the lines. Even though they weren't as good as the ones in the book, I still liked how they were delivered by the actors.

The most memorable line for me there was when Mr. Darcy said "You bewitch me, body and soul". Maybe, it has something to do with being a girl, but I went awwww when I first heard it.

What are your most favorable movie lines or quotes?
Am a fan of James bond movies and i like the part where he introduces himself and goes," My names Bond,James bond". another favorite phrase i like is "I'll be Back" by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

wameyo

"Get busy living or get busy dying"...Andy tells Red when he's about to break out from prison. This is from the movie, the Shawshank redemption.

GlacialDoom

My favorite quote ever is "HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEE'S JOHNNYYYYYYYY" from The Shining. That quote was so BAD, in fact, the whole movie was such a BAD adaptation of the book, that it would've done better if it would've been marketed as a comedy.

stevesxs9

My favorite quotes are: I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse- The GodFather. Show me the money- Jerry Maguire.

Sweetheart

There's so many favorite movie lines I have. The latest one is where a football coach in a locker room is talking to his team. It is his delivery of this that gets you and I have to do more than one line:

Al Pacino says "You find out life's this game in inches. Because in either game the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow or fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us they are in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches...."
Movie "Any Given Sunday"