Florida Woman Arrested, Slapped Grandma

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

A 27-year-old Florida woman was arrested after police say she allegedly slapped her grandmother in the face because she wouldn't be her Facebook friend. Rachel Hayes has been charged with aggravated battery on an elderly person.

According to the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office the incident happened around 8:45 p.m Wednesday night. Authorities say Rachel Hayes was at her 72-year-old grandmother's house when the two got into a heated argument because the victim wouldn't accept Hayes' Facebook friend request.

The argument ended after the granddaughter decided to slap her grandmother in the face “multiple times,†an arrest affidavit stated. Police arrested Hayes later in the evening at her home in Clearwater.

Hayes was booked into the Pinellas County Jail. She was being held without bond Thursday.

Attachments

• Hayesarrested.jpg
    Hayesarrested.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,033
Last edited by a moderator:

pattycake

Why would she want her grandmother as a Facebook friend? Is stupid the new style of living now? I swear, this sounds like another work of fiction. LOL!

hayrake

A twenty-seven year old woman slapped her seventy-two year old grandmother because she wouldn't accept her friend request on facebook? (sigh) Every day I believe more and more that mental and emotional illnesses have become the norm for today. It makes it hard for me to understand why so many people think Christ and the church are unnecessary parts of a well functioning society.

Gelsemium

LOL, I think this is going too far, slapping her in the face over Facebook and getting arrested over it?

Allison2021

A young able bodied woman slapped her grandmother's face. Was she on drugs?
Watch what happens to her in jail. She may or may not face physical harm. However, I do know that she better keep her hands to herself while in jail.

pattycake

A young able bodied woman slapped her grandmother's face. Was she on drugs?
Watch what happens to her in jail. She may or may not face physical harm. However, I do know that she better keep her hands to herself while in jail.

Good point. But I can't believe this story. LOL! I can't fathom why anybody would want their grandmother or any other family member as a Facebook friend. I'm just not getting this!

Onionman

Absolutely no respect for the older generation. That's a concern and a telling sign that a lot of the youth of today don't care about much these days. A bigger concern for me though is why she wanted her grandmother as her Facebook friend in the first place!!

Sweetheart

FB makes the news. I wonder who called that in. This is what things are coming to for people like this. I mean who cares about having someone on your FB page. Interesting that the grama even knew about it. Odd thing to do slapping her over something so trivial.

Gelsemium

That is true, raising her hands against her grandmother is something crazy, but just slapping deserves jail time?

Peninha

I think there is no right in being aggressive to an old person that can't defend itself, I am against violence in general, even more against old people and kids.

SF13

... She probably wouldn't even want to be your granny, much less your Facebook friend, after slapping her across the face. Seriously, Facebook isn't even a big deal. Give another few years and it will be treated like Myspace got treated.

pattycake

That is true, raising her hands against her grandmother is something crazy, but just slapping deserves jail time?

Good point. Kind of makes me think that they're going off on her because she's a woman and for no other reason. Except for crimes against children, any other crimes women commit the judicial system punishes women harder than they do males for the same crimes.

missbishi

I think that there was probably a bit more background to this story than the Facebook request refusal. That doesn't make this right though but then again, she doesn't deserve to go to jail for a single slap.

Muthoni

I am actually surprised as well that she wanted her grandma as a Facebook friend. Someone did not teach this girl how to accept a No. How does she get the audacity to slap her grandma? This is sad because she has a criminal record because of this act of anger.