Former Teacher Sentenced 5 years For Rape, Sodomy

Anthony

Super Moderator
mcneillteacher.jpg
A former Alabama high school teacher and cheerleading coach accused of having an affair with a teen age boy was sentenced to five years in prison.
Jennifer McNeill, 39, a former Thorsby teacher, was sentenced Thursday by Judge John Bush in Chilton County courthouse.
In May, McNeill, pleaded guilty to three counts of second-degree rape and one count of second-degree sodomy. She confessed to having sexual intercourse with the victim at least six times and having oral sex twice. Prosecutors removed some charges in exchange for McNeill's guilty plea.
McNeill apoligized in court for what she had done, adding that "I've lost so much...I've learned my lesson."
According to authorities they said the victim, a 14-year-old boy, was not a student at the school where McNeill worked.
Court records show the sentencing was scheduled for last month. However it was delayed after a post on her Facebook stated that she was totally innocent despite her plea.
"IF I were guilty and IF there were ANY evidence then I would be in jail right now. The plea was the best decision for my family," stated in her post. "The truth will eventually come out. A lie can't live forever."
Judge Bush said the post was an appalling "slap" to the court system, postponed McNeill's sentencing until she could explain the post's origin.
McNeill blamed the victim and his mother, saying they hacked her Facebook account to write the posts.
During her sentencing on Thursday, McNeill's lawyer apologized to the victim and his family, telling the court that her client had admitted to misrepresenting facts about the Facebook post, which she had written. Those FB posts were withdrawn from the case.
When Judge Bush read McNeill's sentence, he said the defendant's actions were 'absolutely abhorrent,' adding as a figure of authority she had betrayed the trust of the community.

Last edited by a moderator:

kita

Wow! She's supposed to be educated and all being a former teacher but committed such a stupid act. The unusual thing about this crime is that usually older men victimized young girls but in this case its the other way around.

Muthoni

We are living in a perverse era where more and more things do not make sense. This is an attractive educated woman who can get a grown man to satisfy her in the bedroom. Instead she chooses to abuse a boy barely out of diapers. To make matters worse she is not remorseful about it.