Foxy Knoxy cleared

missbishi

Amanda Knox was today cleared of murdering her former room-mate, Meredith Kercher today. Rafaelle Sollecito, her ex-boyfriend and co-accused was also cleared.

Does this conclude the affair though? There will be people who still believe her to be guilty and think she has literally gotten away with murder. What do you think? Do you think she did it or was the whole trial a farce in the first place?

Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito CLEARED of murdering Meredith Kercher | Daily Mail Online

thegrey1

When I saw this at the top of the list, I thought it pertained to the recent buzz about whether or not Italy will extradite her. I don't know what I think about all this stuff. I have followed it closely, and I still haven't been able to form a solid opinion! I do think her behavior after the fact was very odd. Okay now I see, it IS an update. I feel somehow that poor Meredith Kercher hasn't received justice in this, but I'm just not sure.

JoanMcWench

I never for a second thought she was guilty. I don't care if she looked fugugly or people thought she was 'foxy'. Really irrelevant to the facts & the shoddy police work that went into this case. A shame & the whole system ended up with an easy out with that other arrest where they could've tucked their tails & admit they got things wrong but ended up making it far worse. Shame.

Gabe

The issue is of due process, the Italian police made a mess of the investigation and contaminating the scene and they should never have been released in the first place once they had been found guilty. I don't feel justice has been done, but the law works in different ways, the prosecution must have a solid case and they failed Meredith. For the record I knew Meredith.

thomas pendrake

As I recall, the only evidence implicating Amanda was that, as a young girl, her nickname was "Foxy Knoxy". And the actual murdered, who had confessed and initially said that he was the only person involved. When offered a serious reduction of his sentence, he agreed to commit perjury and implicate whoever they told him to. There was never any evidence implicating anyone else.

Gabe

As I recall, the only evidence implicating Amanda was that, as a young girl, her nickname was "Foxy Knoxy". And the actual murdered, who had confessed and initially said that he was the only person involved. When offered a serious reduction of his sentence, he agreed to commit perjury and implicate whoever they told him to. There was never any evidence implicating anyone else.

Actually there was a lot of evidence, but it was all contaminated. Because of this the results cannot be accurate, for example finding the fingerprint of Sollecito on Meredith's bra. Both of them had conflicting testimonies and they had lied while the police were in the house. Basically if you read the whole case, the police attended the house because of a break in and when the police arrived and wanted to check Meredith's room, Know told them not to go in. It was only at the insistence of another flatmate who called that the police broke the door down, after the police, Knox and Solleccito had been at the house for a good 20 minutes by all accounts.

dez97

Her behavior after her roommates death was very interesting and odd, so I can see why they accused her. Now I'm really not sure, if justice can't be served cause they don't think she did it, I'm not sure where to lean.

Rosyrain

Wow, this case is finally at a final conclusion now? I thought it would go on forever. She has a lot of support in the Pacific Northwest, that is for sure. I am pretty well convinced that she did not commit the crime, but I do say she acted strangely after the fact. Does this mean that Italy will never be able to extadite her back? This is one reason I am glad to live in America, once you are found not guilty, that is it. Your life is not bounced around like a rubber ball for years to come.

kana_marie

Banned
I saw a documentary about the whole ordeal. I believe, and have believed, that she is innocent. The evidence did not add up to murder... Not even close.

Diane Lane

I hadn't heard anything about the case in quite a while, until this was announced. I'm also conflicted. I watched a movie on it. I believe it was a documentary. It's been a while, so I don't recall. I think she acted oddly as well, but I think alcohol or drugs had been ingested? The whole ordeal seemed to be a mess, and I don't see that if it had happened under the U.S. system of justice, she would have been convicted. I feel bad for Meredith's family, because they certainly have had to go through quite a bit, in addition to losing her.

Rosyrain

I seriously believe that the "Rudy" guy was the one that killed her and that Amanda and Rafiel had nothing to do with it. Amanda could have been acting strange simply because she was in a foriegn country and was scared because her roomate was murdered. She only really became fluent in Italian after she landed in jail, so think about how you would feel if this same thing were to happen to you. She did not act in a manner that was condusive to someone who just lost her roomate in such a violent way, but I think her fear made her behave in an unusual manner.

With this ruling, does this mean that the Italian court is done with the case and can't persue her anymore, or was this a US Supreme Court ruling?

Gabe

I seriously believe that the "Rudy" guy was the one that killed her and that Amanda and Rafiel had nothing to do with it. Amanda could have been acting strange simply because she was in a foriegn country and was scared because her roomate was murdered. She only really became fluent in Italian after she landed in jail, so think about how you would feel if this same thing were to happen to you. She did not act in a manner that was condusive to someone who just lost her roomate in such a violent way, but I think her fear made her behave in an unusual manner.

With this ruling, does this mean that the Italian court is done with the case and can't persue her anymore, or was this a US Supreme Court ruling?

The crime was committed in Italy and thus tried there. The Supreme Court has nothing to do with the case. As I have said we will await the reasoning, but the fact Knox accused her employer Patrick Lumumba of being involved when he had an iron clad alibi (working in his bar as independent witnesses came forward) shows she was lying.

Man accused of killing Meredith Kercher by Amanda Knox challenges her to attend verdict | Daily Mail Online