Fuller convicted in deadly shootings

Anthony

Super Moderator
copkillerguilty.jpg
Darrell Fuller was convicted Monday of first-degree murder in the deadly shootings of a Nassau County police officer and a carjacking victim in October 2012.
Fuller, 34, was found guilty on all counts in the murders earlier today.
Officer Arthur Lopez was on patrol with his partner when they saw a damaged silver Honda that was "running on rims." The two officers followed the vehicle, and then pulled the suspect over. After "a brief exchange of words" between Lopez and Fuller, the officer was shot in the chest.
Police Chief Steven Skrynecki said the officer wasn't wearing a bulletproof vest.
Authorities said Fuller then ran off and killed the second victim, Raymond Facey of Queens, while stealing his car.
Police located Fuller a few hours later. He was bleeding. He allegedly shot himself to look like a carjacking victim.
When police approached him, he allegedly told them “I’m Fuller.†“I’m the guy you’re looking for.â€
This wasn't the first time Fuller had been in trouble. He was sentenced to five years in prison after pleading guilty to attempted murder charge.
He then served nine months on the drug conviction, sources said. He happened to be on parole when he allegedly killed Officer Lopez and Facey.
Fuller could be sentenced to life in prison without parole on the murder charge. He is to appear in court for sentencing on September 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peninha

I think that life in prison is adequate for murder, this doesn't bring Arthur Lopez back, but prevents that guy from killing more people.