Funny 911 calls

Anthony

Super Moderator
A call came into 911 Emergency because two couples were going to share a hotel room and there weren't enough towels.
A man called 911 and said: "Please connect me to Switzerland."
Another person called to report he had the hiccups.
A woman called emergency to report she had seen a wild mouse in her house.
Someone called 911 to report the parrot got out of his cage and is in a tree outside.
A man called to report he had a roach stuck in his ear.
A guy called to ask if they delivered dope. When the person answering told him it was the Sheriff's Department, he hung up.
A female complainant called to request a police officer come to her residence to change the battery in her smoke detector. She couldn't reach it.
A drunk called 911 to order a pizza.
A person called to find out the number to the police station.

dariel2323

It is a pity to use 911 for these things. It is a call to save lives, not to joke, nor to call foolishly and stuff. There are people many crazy and so are sanctioned.

bala

This isn't funny at all..what if there was someone who was desperately trying for a line,for immediate help when all these douchebags call them for silly issues.I believe they should set up a warning system for them.Like..if they do it repeatedly then they might be black listed..or may be arrested even.

askanison

I worked in fast food as my very first real job and had a woman come in one day and get very upset that we no longer took 100 dollar bills. The company had decided to take only fifties or lower as payment and there were signs everywhere. I live in a small town and knew of this woman. Her husband was a local police officer. She made threats, threw a whole handful of sauces at me and the owner and then proceeded to call 911 on us. I couldn't help but laugh. When the cops showed up they walked in, interviewed us individually, and then arrested her right there on the spot for a false 911 call. I was surprised considering she was married to one of their fellow officers. it caused a bit of a stink in town for about a week. She later came back and apologized for having anger issues and taking it out on us that day.

kaitheteen

Remember that some people are actually in danger and the perpetrators of the crime are in the room. Take domestic violence for an example. A few years ago, there was a woman that called 911 to order pizza. She wasn't trying to order pizza and instead was trying to seek help for her abusive husband. This was solved soon due to the quick realization of the 911 operator. How could she call for help if the perpetrator was actually in the room? So there are many of these ridiculous calls may actually be a cover-up for a lone soul's call for help.

wulfman

I worked in fast food as my very first real job and had a woman come in one day and get very upset that we no longer took 100 dollar bills. The company had decided to take only fifties or lower as payment and there were signs everywhere. I live in a small town and knew of this woman. Her husband was a local police officer. She made threats, threw a whole handful of sauces at me and the owner and then proceeded to call 911 on us. I couldn't help but laugh. When the cops showed up they walked in, interviewed us individually, and then arrested her right there on the spot for a false 911 call. I was surprised considering she was married to one of their fellow officers. it caused a bit of a stink in town for about a week. She later came back and apologized for having anger issues and taking it out on us that day.

LMAO court ordered anger management should be an easy decision by the Judge.

Dixons

Even though these calls might seem funny, I don't think they are. Lives are put at risk simply because of their stupidity. Distracting law enforcement should be in no way acceptable.

Muthoni

I guess people are just so lonely that they reach out to anything or anyone available. In my region, they set up a police line to encourage community policing. People called for irrelevant purposes that the lines had to be closed. They first started charging for the calls to discourage unwanted calls. The calls kept coming in. We will never understand what goes on in the heads of a number of persons.

I have a few. I know that back when one of the major satellite companies dropped AMC, several people called 911 because they couldn't watch the new episode of The Walking Dead.

People have called 911 because facebook was temporarily down.

A woman called 911 because one the menu items that she wanted at a fast food restaurant was unavailable.

A Japanese woman called 110, their version of 911, 15,000 times in six months. She would call the police 900 times a day and usually hang up before the person on the other end could even speak. When police would show up at her apartment complex, she would talk the over the intercom, usually saying that she was tired and needed to go to bed. Now that is a really extreme case!