Getting fed up?

ABC123

As a teacher, I get fed up with the same bad behaviors. Because they are repeated over and over, I tend to have automatic responses. I wonder if Officers tend to run into the same thing.

JoanMcWench

I imagine probation/parole officers feel this a lot more often than street cops. I say this because they tend to see the same people doing the same things over & over. At least a street cop has different perpetrators of the same crimes. Giving them a tad more diversity.

kana_marie

Banned
In a town as small as the one I used to live in, you'll see the same cops every time you have to deal with them. They definitely see a lot of bad behavior being repeated over and over again.

thegrey1

Where I live, we have a lot of meth, and a large influx of illegals. The cops say that they see a lot of the same people over and over. With the illegals, the cops arrest them, and a judge lets them go. According to a policeman I know, the cycle repeats itself constantly.

Rainman

Cops are but human. They might be fed up by certain behaviors and I'm sure when you hear stories about a "suspect" being beaten up a cop, then maybe it's because they've done the same thing so often that the cops feel justified to vent out their frustration. Sure it's wrong but maybe if I was a cop the temptation might be hard to fight.

Profit5500

As a teacher, I get fed up with the same bad behaviors. Because they are repeated over and over, I tend to have automatic responses. I wonder if Officers tend to run into the same thing.
I know teaching can be stressful since it involves a lot of politics. I am very sure that police officers get tired of the same behavior from suspects they arrest.

kana_marie

Banned
Cops are but human. They might be fed up by certain behaviors and I'm sure when you hear stories about a "suspect" being beaten up a cop, then maybe it's because they've done the same thing so often that the cops feel justified to vent out their frustration. Sure it's wrong but maybe if I was a cop the temptation might be hard to fight.

I agree its got to be hard to not lash out. In my opinion, though, if the job is getting to them so bad they stand a good chance of losing their cool, they should take a few days off. Maybe even longer, depending on where they live and how bad of an area it is.

dyanmarie25

I think all police officers get tired and fed up sometimes, but it's part of their job to deal with those people with bad behaviors, and I guess they are already used to it.

Gabe

Human behavior is strange in that there are stereotypes everywhere in the world. We learn to adapt and adjust. It's very much like customers and how they behave and commuters. Perhaps people are like sheep and behave like others and assume that its okay.

May102014

Definitely! I'm certain they pretty much encounter the same problems. But as a person who has the right to enforce law, I think they just gobble the anger or frustration down their throat and try to be as respectful as possible to people even if they are not treated as a well respected police man. It's part of their job too, dealing with hard people.

My husband is a correctional officer and he complains of this all the time. He sees the vicious cycle of the repeat offenders coming back into the system all the time. He has gotten to the point that when a inmate gets released he tells them "we'll leave the light on for you." So I can defiantly relate to your frustration. All we can do in situations like this is focus on those few that change their lives around and make something positive out of a bad situation.

Josie

In my opinion..

"If you've told a child a thousand times and he still does not understand, then it is not the child who is the slow learner"

Not that you're a slow learner.. it's a quote, I can't change it haha. But I do agree with this and I think it applies to everyone, not just children. Change is needed. Everywhere.

DancingLady

I imagine they deal with the same kind of things. People tend to respond to things like traffic tickets in fairly predictable ways, which are probably rather annoying to officers, especially in big cities where they are probably pretty busy. I imagine it takes effort to not just get irritated with irritated people.

katherine25

I would imagine they get fed up. How many times can you deal with the same person over and over for bad behavior before something else has to be done? I know if I was a cop id be fed up for sure! They deal with to much crap that they shouldn't have to.