Ghost Stories - Do you believe in ghosts?

missamanda819

I know this is random, especially since Halloween just passed. But, my sister is really into shows like Ghost Adventures and Ghost Hunters, etc. She got me interested in watching them, and I was just talking to her about an episode - so it's not as random as it seems. Lol

Do you believe in ghosts? What's your take on ghost stories? Do you have any ghost stories of your own?

DancingLady

I believe that demons sometimes manifest in forms that we call ghosts. I do not believe there is any such thing as a human spirit trapped on this earth after death. People go either to heaven or hell immediately when they die. Demons however can do many things to accomplish their goals of keeping people deceived and believing something that is not true. Ghosts are just one thing because if a person believes in ghosts, they are believing something that is not according to the Bible.

shilpa123

I do believe in ghosts. I think it is quite possible that the people get really scared from ghost stories but I have never watched them. I do believe in spirits also as they are quite common over here. I have heard a lot of ghost stories about the region I live.*

cc1001

I believe spirits are among the living. When I was growing up I lived in a big old house. We had a piano and would hear it playing by itself.My brother and sister claim they saw a ghost and described in detail what it looked like. I saw some type of orb myself. I also had other weird things happen to me in the house I grew up in. My bed would go up and down. I was a little girl and it scared me so bad. I was scared to tell anyone about it. I thought people would think I was cray.Now that I am older I see other people have experienced some of the same things.

Gelsemium

I think that ghosts are a reality, some sort of energy that dead people leave behind, but I feel that they are harmless.

missamanda819

I believe that demons sometimes manifest in forms that we call ghosts. I do not believe there is any such thing as a human spirit trapped on this earth after death. People go either to heaven or hell immediately when they die. Demons however can do many things to accomplish their goals of keeping people deceived and believing something that is not true. Ghosts are just one thing because if a person believes in ghosts, they are believing something that is not according to the Bible.

This is exactly what I believe. So, when I say I believe that ghost stories happen - I believe that it is demons behind the stories.

We (our family) has had quite a few crazy experiences, but I do believe that it was demonic activity.

But, like I mentioned earlier - I do watch those shows for entertainment purposes. I find it intriguing that they are capturing this evidence of the existence of demons. Whether or not these shows are fake is up for another debate, but I find them interesting, none the less.

Determined2014

I do believe that ghosts do exist , they are some kind of spirits, some are friendly and some are not, it all depends on their death while they were still humans.

nikkilsvgs

I do not believe in ghosts but I believe in Spirits that visit us here or those that have not yet crossed over. I have had several experiences in a couple houses we lived in. When I was 19 we lived in this two story house that the TV would just start channel surfing on its own and I would always see orbs out the corner of my eye. One night the fan was on full blast and the light was on. My oldest when she was 3 had an "imaginary friend" name Eva, who when I asked how she died my daughter told me in a car accident and the little girl was 3. We also experienced her Paw Paw come back by a light turning off and on in her room.

GlacialDoom

I can't say I believe in ghosts, but I have experienced one creepy thing once.

A friend and I were both around 6 years old. We were hanging around in front of our block of flats, after our parents finished their "meeting". Well, the meeting was about a 15 year old boy who fell from the top of the vis-a-vis block of flats, while helping his uncle build a roof.

It got dark, and after my friend and I saw something white moving around the place where he fell, we rushed to the inside of our block. It was dark, but I swear to god we both saw a white flash all of a sudden that lighted up the whole block. I know he saw it too because we both looked at each other in disbelief. Thankfully, his grandmother heard us coming and she switched on the light.

We never talked about that night again, and I'm still unsure if that was a paranormal encounter.

CyberGal

I definitely believe in ghosts. In fact, I believe in a lot of different supernatural beings including spirit guides and demons too. I guess some people might call me weird but I've always been open to these things and I've had several experiences throughout my life to prove me "right," at least in my own mind. I think that you have to be open to having such experiences if you're actually going to find out for yourself whether or not these things are "real."

megankl

No, I really don't believe much at all in ghosts. I have heard many stories but I don't know what makes me not believe. I am not really the type of person to believe in much so that could be why. haha. I wish I did have that type of imagination though then maybe life would be a bit more simple.

dyanmarie25

Yes. I do believe ghosts are real, and they are everywhere. I don't have a third eye, but I have already seen a ghost but that only happened once. Also, sometimes, I could feel if there are spirits around me. When I was 5 years old, I woke up suddenly in the middle of the night, and I saw a ghost lady wearing a white dress, she was staring down at me. I was really shocked and I just closed my eyes. I also had a couple of nightmares in which the same ghost lady in a white dress was staring down at me and sometimes, whispering on my ear. It was scary.

Josie

Those tv shows are hilarious. I believe they've even proven their "tools of the trade" are phony too. Ghosts used to be scary.. now they're specks of dust and noisy pipes lol. No, I don't believe. I don't think anyone is lying when they say they've had experiences (I've had my own), I just think our views are very narrow and there is far more to it than meets the eye.

kana_marie

Banned
Honestly, I don't WANT to. My feet are firmly planted in a science foundation. But there are so many stories and so much evidence that I don't see how anyone can logically deny it. Not to mention my own questionable experiences. I'm not going to say it WAS ghosts, but I can't deny the possibility.