Google App

dyanmarie25

This app obviously has its pros and cons. But personally, I think this is a bad idea because the lawbreakers would be able to know where police officers are located, and yeah, they could get ambushed. Google should not disclose these things to the public for security reasons.

Rainman

The app certainly does pose a risk to police officers especially at this time when people are all riled up and want to "shoot a cop" as Nebraska's senator said. While there's no denying that for someone who wants to avoid traffic jams can be very useful, their "traffic cop" feature should be disabled. It's all for the best. We want those driving under the influence ticketed or arrested, we want those who speed to be ticketed or arrested. The roads would be safer that way. But give the location of cops to those who intend to break traffic laws and the result would be . . . mayhem.

JoanMcWench

There was a time when people argued over whether it was a good idea for citizens to be able to own & use scanners. I don't hear much about that argument anymore. It's not the app or the device or the technology that's at fault it's the crazy people that abuse these things. There will always be crazy people & they will always find a way. With or without the help of an app.

missbishi

This app has been around for some months now and I'm really surprisefd that it hasn't been banned outright. I can understand that people might want to avoid certain areas but really, I'm not certain whether this is a great idea or whether it will just be abused. A mix of both, I imagine.

IshieVonDyson

Ultimately Waze is just a tool and people are responsible for the choices they make when using it, but I certainly see how the “traffic cop†feature can be abused. And I’m sure the other features could be abused as well, as handy as they are. It does feel like that particular feature just puts a huge target on police, though.