Groupies

So, I used to live next to this girl.. she had an apartment in the next building.. and her apartment was literally a revolving door of officers. I never asked because I didn't want to know.. but we always jokingly called her the cop groupie. Was she unusual, or does this happen a lot?

JoanMcWench

Short answer: Yes. It seems to be an incessant need of certain women to desire that idea of protection. That this guy can help you in situations other guys may have a difficult time helping you with. Stir that with some gun carrying & macho attitude & you have a recipe for a revolving door. Because, in all reality, it's difficult to stay in a relationship with an officer because often there are deep emotional issues that manifest in different ways.

missbishi

My guess is that she was offering certain services for cash and she had quite a following amongst the local officers! At least she wouldn't have to worry about getting arrested, I suppose!

missbishi, I often felt that way, that she was plying her wares LOL. It just would freak me out, seemed like a bad scene waiting to happen, especially since the neighbor on the OTHER side of that building was a ..... you guessed it... an officer and his wife. I mean, they HAD to notice and I'll be a monkey's uncle if some of these guys weren't married. I'm really surprised that none of this got back to the spouses. I kept waiting for a cadre of angry wives to storm the place!

thegrey1

I would have reported the whole lot of them! I probably would have pictures to back it up! There is nothing more loathesome than people who use their authority for illegal purposes.

Rainman

I would have reported the whole lot of them! I probably would have pictures to back it up! There is nothing more loathesome than people who use their authority for illegal purposes.
Would it make any difference if most of the cops were involved in some way? Of course if they were doing this when they were supposed to be working then their boss should have been informed, so disciplinary action could be taken [against them].

Gabe

Some women are attracted to men in uniform, whether it is army, navy, police or firefighters. Maybe she just finds them fascinating, but that's just like women who like to date doctors or pop stars. I guess it's always useful to have them as friends.

Strykstar

Do you mean she actually had several of them coming in throughout the day? Or she just dated a lot of police officers, so you'd see a new one every couple of weeks/months?