Gunman Opens Fire on L.A. Police

Anthony

Super Moderator
attachment.php

Authorities say a gunman opened fire on a Los Angeles Police Department patrol vehicle overnight.
Police Capt. Lillian Carranza called the shooting "completely unprovoked." She said the two officers escaped unharmed from the "ambush" in which several shots were fired at their patrol car.

The shooting incident happened when the two officers were responding to a call and were driving slowly through the neighborhood around 9:30 p.m.

Deputy Chief Bob Green said the the two officers "observed an individual step off the curb and open fire" on their patrol car. "It was an ambush," Deputy Green said. "They were fired upon without any prior contact with the suspects."

According to Los Angeles Police Department spokeswoman Nuria Venegas, police arrested one person and a rifle was reportedly recovered. A second suspect was being sought in the Sunday night shooting.

"Unfortunately based on what's going on with the national situation, tensions are very high," Green said.

Stay tuned for the latest on this developing story.

Attachments

• lashooting.jpg
    lashooting.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 808
Last edited:

Sweetheart

This is weird, but that is LA for you. It is almost like what they responded to was a decoy for the ambush. The LA police are really good people they have a very different outlook from NY officers that is for sure. An NYC incident like this and they would have hunted them down right there. Hopefully they will increase awareness and be safe.

Onionman

Hopefully we haven't kicked into an era of random attacks on the police. Crime is enough of a problem as it is, without the law enforcement agencies being targeted for random and copycat reasons. If they have to be on extra alert like this, it makes you wonder whether they can be as efficient.

Gelsemium

I am under the impression that now police officers are targets for everyone, if nothing changes soon enough no one will want to become one.

Peninha

I hope that hasn't happened either Onionman because it these attacks continue to happen another measures will have to be taken.

pattycake

The police is being fired shots at, and in fact bombs thrown at in Athens Greece right now. Could it be coming to that here in the US? I hope not. But the way I see it, the police are gonna have to make the first move in being more humane. They can't just go around power tripping because people are starting to retaliate on that. A war could break out if people are becoming more fed up and less afraid to be jailed or die. The police have to be the first to set the better example.