Gunman Wounds Two Workers, Kills Himself

Anthony

Super Moderator
brooklyn shooting.jpg
On Monday a man walked into the office of C&A Iron Works on 13th Street and Hamilton Place in Brooklyn. Employees said the man walked in and asked if the company was hiring. Dmitry Tabakin, a 28-year-old iron worker said the gunman was “quiet, calm, nice, polite." They told him to go upstairs and talk to the manager.
Without any warning he took out his gun and started shooting. "I heard maybe five or six shots," Tabakin told reporters. "I saw him put the gun to the worker's chest and shoot."
The wounded victims ran outside to the street. "When he started shooting, I went down under the table. I hid behind the metal stocks," said Tabakin.
Oleksandr Gavronskyy, another employee said when he heard the gunshots he took off his welding mask and looked for place to hide. "I ran into a room and closed the door so the shooter wouldn't see me".
The gunman then barricaded himself in a storage room. Police began to talk and try to convince him to surrender. While they were talking the gunman he "threw out a black device, " said Lt. Jack Cambria.
Police said it was a metal casing filled with black powder and with a fuse attached to it. Officers from the bomb squad determined it wasn't a bomb. "The officers took the device away and negotiators continued talks with the shooter", Cambria said.
"Almost immediately, he threw out a set of keys that belonged to a van nearby," added Cambria. Police searched the van and found a shotgun.
Police said they had a conversation with the gunman for about 45 minutes. "We thought we had a positive dialogue going with him, but finally he just made the decision and he killed himself," Cambria said.
Tabakin said the incident took less than five minutes after the gunman entered the building.
Authorities said both victims were in stable condition at a hospital late Monday. A law enforcement source identified the shooter as Waithe Cameron, 54.

Last edited by a moderator: