Halloween Night

DancingLady

Is Halloween night a bad night for the police in most places? In my town that night is known for crazy parties and lots of citations for various bad behavior. I don't think there has been any serious violence for some years, but they kind of expect things like drunk fights due to the nature of the partying.

januz101

Well I guess for a cop they would treat holloween day as a special day since there will be more people on the streets than usual and partying in various places. I bet it would be busy but thats within the expectation of the police department.*

Popcorn365

I think this year was worse for the police department than normal given that Halloween fell on a Friday. When it falls during the week it's not as big of a deal because people still have to get up the next day for work or school so a lot of hard partying doesn't happen on Halloween. I think when Halloween falls on the weekend like it did this year and the weekends leading up to Halloween is when they run into more of an issue

Patrick

I'd say that it's nowhere near as bad as other holidays like New Year's Eve, or Black Friday. Kudos to the officers who sacrifice their time with their friends and families to maintain the peace during these festive occasions.

DancingLady

As far as I know it wasn't too bad this year in my town. I went home right after work without stopping anywhere, so I wasn't around the area where partying usually happens.

js85

I'm sure they're vigilant in keeping an eye out for certain things, as with any holiday or "party" situation (prom, homecoming, games, etc), but I'd be interested to know if there is actually more activity these nights or not.

missamanda819

I've always wondered this as well, and have assumed that Halloween would be more of a "busy" night for law enforcement. I tend to think of people pulling pranks, and partaking in mischief, etc. We went out with the kids this year and to my sister's afterwards. To my knowledge, it wasn't too bad in my area, but I guess only the cops would have a better sense of how calm it really was.