Have there been many officers killed in the line of duty in your town?

Muthoni

Yes so many police officers have been killed in the line of duty where I come from. There was an incident in my nation where forty nine officers were gunned down when they went to arrest cattle rustlers. They were ambushed by terrorists and killed in the open land. It is so unfortunate that other cases have occurred after that.

LitoLawless

I just moved so I haven't really heard about any cops getting killed. I know that my area isn't exactly the safest, and cops are constantly patrolling. I know things are pretty crazy in New York (where I use to live). Cops are getting killed for no reason around there. It really makes you question what is going on with the world.

missbishi

Not in my city but there have been a few people here who have died in police custody under mysterious circumstances.

Kittyworker

I'm sure theres been a few over the years but none that I can remember. Most of the violence in New Zealand occurs in South Auckland and there isn't all that much this far north. There is supposed to be a bit of gang activity in the area but I haven't really seen any evidence of it.

fliktor7

Sometimes disgraces happened, but it isn't much common. Years ago, in my country there was terrorism, and every week there was a new case on the news of cops beeing killed, but thanks to god, thinks eventually had change.

Anyway, there are still crimes and deaths, but less than before.

oraclemay

I know that some officers have been killed as it is always reported on the news in my country, however I am not sure if this is all the statistics. If I have to go by what I hear on the news, then I will have to say the percentage is low, but any loss of life is unacceptable.

Owl

Only one, in 1935 he was shot and killed. I live in a very small town so it's not surprising that there is only one but I was hoping for 0. I remember when I was younger my father told me about his father's friend who was an officer along with him and there was a beautiful funeral parade and there were hundreds of officers there. It sounds very sad.

Profit5500

Unfortunately, police are killed on duty so often in the United States, there is a website to report it. My town of 10,000 is 160 years old. In our somewhat long history, only two police officers were ever killed on duty. One was shot and the other was accidentally hit by a car. Both happened over 50 years ago. I am grateful for the low numbers. Are the numbers low where you live (you can hit the link, and find out if you don't know).

The link:Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP).
In my town of 70,000 and up has not had any officers killed. We do not have too much excitement happen here in Turlock with police. It is good to not have many deaths happen.

shilpa123

In my town not many police officers have been killed, but I guess in cities such things happen quite happen. I am lucky to be in a city that does not have much of such activities. I believe our town is quite and does not have many activities of these kinds.

shilpa123

I do not think many officers have been killed in the line of duty but I do think that it is best to try and avoid all kinds of fight. In this way less people would be killed.

Kamarsun1

Cops do get killed in the line of duty but it's not something that every town has experienced, now in the inner cites of America it's not as rare, but either way it's not right and the truth is, there are a people out there that don't care, and it's sad.

Rainman

The small town I live in is relatively crime-free. I've not heard of a cop being killed in the line of duty but in the city I lived in prior to moving here, cops getting murdered was rather common. They had lots of enemies, drug dealers, gangs, etc. While I lived there, no less than 10 cops were murdered.

piez

My town is pretty low on violent crimes. I'm sure there have been instances of law enforcement killed in duty but I haven't heard of it. I'm glad that my town is relatively silent.