Have/would you offer an officer anything when pulled over?

primalclaws1974

When I ask this, I mean anything. If you were eating a Big Mac, did you offer him/her a bite? If it was a 100 degrees did you offer a water bottle? if you owned a business did you offer to do some free work? What other offers did you try? Your body? Some of these could be considered bribes, prostitution, or just trying to be helpful. I guess it would be up to the interpretation of the officer.

tanker

I have never been pulled over by the police. But I don't think it would be a good idea to offer him things it might be taken the wrong way. I have heard of women flirting with cops to get out of tickets and things. But the harsh reality is women can get away with a lot more then men.

missbishi

The only thing I have offered to a cop is a cup of tea, when they called at my house to make routine investigations one time. They declined. Looking back, it wouldn't surprise me if cops are advised not to accept food and drink from the public like this. Some sicko could easily spike it.

stevesxs9

I think the best thing to do if you are pulled over is to wait to see what the officer has stopped you for. And then answer their questions or cooperate with them, and then if the officer asks you what you are eating or drinking, then that's the time to offer them.

GlacialDoom

I wouldn't risk it, it could be misinterpreted and you could face serious charges. Now, if the officer would ask for a sip of water, or if he wouldn't be feeling well, I would definitely help him out.

mrsbright

I don't remember any meetings with cop where I offered them anything -- like mentioned before, it really could be misinterpreted. Just give 'em what they ask for -- registrations, ID, anything to check.

Muthoni

If I was pulled over by the police I would allow them to complete checking my car and telling me that I am free to go before offering them something. Yes I would offer them some water or food if I have extra in the car. I cannot imagine how tiring it is to stand for a long time on the road to ensure that selfish citizens observe the law.

Mackmax

I've never offered a cop anything, but I would offer him something like a bottle of water if it were very hot that day and the cop looked parched. I wouldn't do this as a bribe, though. Only as a good deed. This would be after he asked to see my license and registration, though. Otherwise he'd think I were trying to bribe him, and that could cause trouble.

Rhoda D'Ettore

I get pulled over all the time in the same town, on my way home from the nigh shift. After getting pulled over three times in one week, I started buying coffee on my way home, knowing I would most likely get pulled over. The first time I did this, the officer laughed. Then it became a game where he would pull me over to see if i would remember.

primalclaws1974

Why would an officer pull you over all the time, like that, Rhoda? Seems he had too much time to kill. Personally, I probably would not offer an officer anything if I was pulled over, just because I get pissy when I am pulled over. I generally keep my car in tiptop shape, and I don't break any laws, so pulling me over is a waste of my time. It isn't for the police, because they have a 12-hour shift to kill. If there was another circumstance where I met up with an officer, in which his official capacity wasn't coming after me, yeah, I probably would make an offer to help him/her out.

LitoLawless

I have never offered an officer anything, and I don't think that I ever will. There is a high chance that they will reject whatever it is that I am offering, and then I'm in a worse situation than when I started.

Kittyworker

My uncle pulled a friend of mine over while I was in the car (he didnt know) and I offered him a doughnut to let us go jokingly. I would never seriously offer a cop a bribe to let me go as it could just make the situation worse if they didn't accept. I know most wouldn't so its just not worth the trouble.

And yes, my friend got ticketed. I still gave my uncle the doughnut.

Patrick

Offering them something would make it seem like you were brown-nosing/bribing them. I think some police officers might interpret such an action as you trying to hide some wrongdoing.

bala

Lolz.I would offer a cop water if it was too hot outside but nothing else like a mac or whatever.I am not such a cool guy to offer him niceties.I haven't had the chance to offer something but let's see how it all turns out later.

shilpa123

I would never try to do such a thing as it is completely against my morale. I think it is best to try and understand everything about the particular job to learn how a police officer would usually behave. I believe that police officers can take it wrongly if you try something like that.

partlysunny

When my sister was in high school, she was running late for school because she stopped to buy donuts for the class. She got pulled over, gave the officer a donut, and didn't get a ticket.

Now- I think the officer was just being nice because she was a high schooler, and it would have been rough to have her record already tarnished. Still makes for an interesting story.

bala

When my sister was in high school, she was running late for school because she stopped to buy donuts for the class. She got pulled over, gave the officer a donut, and didn't get a ticket.

Now- I think the officer was just being nice because she was a high schooler, and it would have been rough to have her record already tarnished. Still makes for an interesting story.
Couldn't help but laugh at this..ROFLMAX..Donuts and cops..:p
If you know what i mean..LOL..:D

shilpa123

I think it is a good thinking to offer the officers with something worth and useful. I believe it is totally worth it to try and learn quite a lot from their behaviour. Also one should be very kind.

piez

I feel as if trying to bribe them would actually turn around and bite you in the end. I'm sure it would work on some crooked law enforcement. As stated before, it is true, that an attractive woman is far more likely to get away with something rather than a man.

Profit5500

When I ask this, I mean anything. If you were eating a Big Mac, did you offer him/her a bite? If it was a 100 degrees did you offer a water bottle? if you owned a business did you offer to do some free work? What other offers did you try? Your body? Some of these could be considered bribes, prostitution, or just trying to be helpful. I guess it would be up to the interpretation of the officer.
Bribing a police officer is going to get you into jail. I never would pull anything to get out of a ticket. If I knew that I was guilty I would give up.