Have you ever been arrested? If yes, how long has it been?

primalclaws1974

I am not necessarily looking for the bragging rights to what you were arrested for (but if you want to share, go ahead). I am more interested in if you have been, and the frequency. The reason I ask is, as a teenager and young adult I had been arrested numerous times, but have not been even detained for more than 12 years. My sisters (both in their thirties) have never been arrested.

Kamarsun1

Never have and never plan to. I know many who have and it's no fun. The main thing people tell me is how bored they are. Your just sitting there not doing much. I would say that you can catch up on all the meditation you've been distracted by while being free. So it has some good points, but not enough for me.

TonyMHFan

Never have and never plan to.

This sums up what I came to say in the thread pretty well and I'm sure that goes for a lot of others as well.

Can't say I really ponder the matter too much, but I don't see the pot of gold at the end of the criminal rainbow, I really don't. I won't even do something 'as minor' as downloading a torrent or two of music or tv shows since I don't want to risk my livelihood over a few bucks saved in the short term.

Patrick

Personally I never have been arrested, and I doubt anyone who actually has would be willing to be truthful and share their experience here. Just my two cents.

bala

Nah..apart from a few speeding tickets and a casual visit to jail to meet my friend there who was imprisoned for ragging,there havent been any instances that i can recount of,with any pertinence to jails or arrest..:p

jeremy2

I am not necessarily looking for the bragging rights to what you were arrested for (but if you want to share, go ahead). I am more interested in if you have been, and the frequency. The reason I ask is, as a teenager and young adult I had been arrested numerous times, but have not been even detained for more than 12 years. My sisters (both in their thirties) have never been arrested.

I was arrested for DUI but i think the breathalyzer got my reading wrong.Anyway i was bundled into the police van only for them to take me round the whole town looking for other law breakers.Fortunately i was able to pay my bond and was released within two hours.

LitoLawless

I've been arrested a couple of times (for petty crimes) and I always got out the next day. It was always because I was doing something stupid, and I wasn't fully aware of my surroundings. Even upon arresting me, the cops would always say something like "don't worry, you'll be out by the morning" and it was usually always the case. Being a 20 something year old party animal can get you into a lot of trouble sometimes.

downsouth

I have never been arrested but I have been attacked by a gang of thugs before. They beat me up pretty good and I filed a police report under some duress from my mom. I am glad I did as they were picked up the following day.

downsouth

I was a little afraid of doing it because I knew they would get out on bail and perhaps seek retaliation of some sort. Also these gangs have a way of making use of all the loop holes in the justice system to allude charges. They will lie under oath and testify on each other's behalf. Fortunately there was no blow back. They were just trying to rob me.

Gelsemium

I was never arrested and I am not planning in being arrested either, I always follow the law, so I guess I am safe from visiting jail from inside.

megankl

No, I have never been arrested and I can tell you that I never want to. When I was young me and a friend got caught shop lifting from the Dollarstore but we learnt our lesson, got off lucky and have never done it since. I couldn't imagine being in that situation again.

Rocky55119

Never have been, don't want to either.

Here in my town to help reduce any crimes, if you are arrested for any period under 365 days you have to pay $60 for each day spent in the pen, good way to help fund the academy and our schools.

primalclaws1974

Nice to know that a majority of the people that posted have not been arrested. The few that have were minor offenses. I actually expected to hear a slew of people bragging on what they did. The fact that most seem to be law-abiding citizens really makes me feel a little better about society.

shilpa123

I have never been arrested. I think it is stupidity to get yourself arrested for any particular reason. I think one must be very careful while doing anything to make sure that they do not get arrested for silly reasons. It can put devastating effect on your life once you get arrested. hence one must be very careful.

missbishi

I was arrested over 20 years ago, when I was young and very stupid. My crime? Stealing make-up from the drugstore. I will never understand why I did something so stupid. I am just grateful that it didn't affect my future. I wish I could have been able to give my teenage self a good talking to.

weepforsweep

I have never been arrested. Nobody would enjoy staying overnight in a jail cell. I'm glad I've never been caught I mean broke the law.

Yes I have been arrested, Thirteen years ago. I was held overnight and then transported to the court house where I had to wait in a holding cell until I appeared before the Judge. I was sentenced to a year of probation. I was innocent. I know many say that but I honestly was. I was charged with possession of heroine with intent to sell without having any drugs in my possession. I was at my place of employment and everyone in the place, my ex, his friend and his friends girl friend were all arrested. The friend of my ex was being chased by the police and ran through the store and attempted to throw his drugs out the back door, they landed inside the door. My understanding is that the friend of my heroine addict ex, was being watched. The police kept telling my ex if he admitted the drugs belonged to him they would release me. On my part it was just a case of having associations with the wrong people. I have never been a drug user but I did waste a whole lot of my life with an addict trying to get them to "get clean" I will never again put myself in such a bad situation.

stevesxs9

I have never been arrested and will try everything in my power not to be. So I cannot share any kind of experience on how it was. Although I can say a few people I know have been arrested for petty things, but most were released on the same day.

musicmonster

Thank God I have not been arrested, not even once in my life. And I seriously want to keep it that way. It is hard when you have a record. I don't really want to get in so much trouble to the point that it would involve me and the law. That is going to be really stressful for me.