Have you ever been in a chase?

js85

There's a news article in my city today about a guy who was running from a speeding ticket (65 in a 45 - but it also came out that he was driving on a suspended license), but he ended up crashing into a pole then into someone's house. Do these chases *ever* end well for the one running? I've never heard of one that ended "and then he got away!" Just stupid if you ask me. It took out power for some of the city and caused damage to someone's house and to utility property.. what a selfish &#^@.

milyjohnson

Oh wow! That was selfish of the guy. Those kinds of chases never end well. Somebody always gets hurt or killed during them. The chase isn't worth it. They may as well give up because it's not going to end up in their favor anyway.

bala

Ha ha ha..I have been on many chases actually and not once but 4-5 times i have been caught for over speeding and booked for the same.In here it is easy to dodge and escape being caught because the streets are narrow and if you know the shortest way to the main roads you stand a great chance.In fact i have been caught 5 times out of a 16 chases.
The cops know me pretty well,but these areas are not equipped with CCTV's so they don't have any proof...:p

januz101

Been in a foot chase once. I chased a guy who stole my girlfriends phone. I lost him quickly though as he had a motorbike waiting for him in the corner. We just went to the police station to blotter the incident and had her phone blocked by the carrier.

Profit5500

It is selfish of these speeders try to get away from the law after they are caught speeding. Just be responsible and own up to what you did. All these people just think that speeding is going to help them get away when you are going to add additional charges anyways.

js85

I agree. Even if you get away at the time, they'll still have your information and have a lookout for you. You'd only be digging yourself in deeper.

ravenclaw

No, I have never been in a chase before. I have had tickets for speeding but it never even occurred to me to try to run away from it. That is the kind of thing I watch on television and shake my head at the stupidity of it because it seems someone always either gets hurt or killed when it happens. My punishment is usually just money and that hurts me enough.