Have you ever tried to intervene when bullying/beatings happened near you?

FuZyOn

I feel that most of the people today don't really care for other human beings. Whether it is an old homeless man, a child who is getting bullied or whatever, I feel that everyone needs to step up and do something about it. You may change a person's life with just one small gesture.

Gabe

I have stepped in several times when I have seen a child being bullied on the way home from school. I was bullied so I know what it's like. Most times the other adults said ' Well Done,' but didn't intervene and these are little kids, much shorter than them and shouldn't be afraid. I never touched any of them, but calmly asked if the child was okay and what they were doing. People should not be afraid to tell children off when they are doing something wrong and five boys pinning one against a wall is.

Rainman

For me it would depend on a situation and who is being beaten up or bullied. Helping a teenager or adult of either sex is something I'll never do. I've got my reasons. Good ones. But should I see a child or someone with a disability being beaten up or bullied then in such a case I'll have to step in to stop the cowards.

By the way when I was in a park once, I saw a girl slap a certain boy and not in a friendly way. A man heading our way who'd not seen what the girl had done upon hearing the boy threaten to beat up the girl, warned the boy that should he try it . . .

That's what most people do. As long as there's a female involved they are more than willing to help.

Have you ever tried to intervene when bullying/beatings happened near you?
Yeah.

Josie

Actually, I've been hurt quite a few times getting in the middle of things lol. I'm little, so easily plowed over or hit before they knew what was happening lol. If I see it, I try to help. It doesn't always turn out well though.

Whitewolf2578

Well it all depends if the person being bullied has a chance or not. If it is five guys against some old woman, I would step in and show them a thing or two. But if it's like a one on one and is equal, I usually just leave it alone. If I had children and my son or daughter were being bullied, I would want them to learn to stand up for themselves, they are just going to grow up being weak and scared if you intervene too much.

Gelsemium

Fortunately I haven't been faced with these situations often, but if I did I think I would jump in. On the other hand I think that only facing certain situations is that we know what would happen...

bala

No because,it would effectively get us involved in the incident and it calls for unwanted attention.Unless you wield power or authority,you really needn't interfere in all these.I don't remember an instance though where i have even "tried/attempted" to be a peace maker.

JoanMcWench

lol Yes. Sometimes for the benefit of all parties, sometimes the benefit of one, & sometimes the benefit of none. Yet I still do it so that has to speak to something in me.

missbishi

I have intervened twice in th epast. All I actually needed to do was get my phone out and yell that I was calling the cops. The attackers ran off straight away both times. I could never just stand by and let it happen - what if someone was seriously injured or killed? I'd feel guilty for the rest of my life. Plus, I'd hope that someone would intervene should I get attacked.

dyanmarie25

I haven't really witnessed a serious case of bullying and beating yet, and if I ever encounter one, I don't actually know how to intervene, specially if I don't personally know the people involved in that kind of thing because there's always two sides in every story. Also, as a woman, I don't know how to protect/fight for the one being bullied or beaten. I might just ask someone for help if the situation is already getting out of hand.

kana_marie

Banned
I have never really been in a situation where it came down to that. I like to think I would intervene, but I guess you never really know until it actually happens.

thegrey1

Once a long time ago in New York City. A man was beating up a woman on 42nd. street. I was fresh off the farm and couldn't understand why nobody was intervening. I tried to jump into the fray, but someone pulled me back and said, "That woman is a prostitute and the guy beating her up is her pimp. If you do anything to him, she will turn on you!" A lesson learned, I guess. Still, to this day, I would try to do something.

dez97

I always try to do something about it, I hate to see other people get beaten down, and knowing that most people are scared of me and will stop if I say something then I also do because I don't want it to continue, plus it gives that person getting bullied a little confidence to speak up for themselves next time.