Have you spent real money on a game?

helaofthenorns

As the title said, have you?

I recently spent some real money on a game I discovered. It's nothing big, so I am not that worried. How many of you here did this before? How much did you spend?

Patrick

I have spent money on knife/gun skins on Counter Strike: Global Offensive, as well as hero cosmetics in DotA 2. It's not really a big deal to me, as I can resell them back on the Steam Market for minimal loss after I tire of them.

Spending money on premium currency in mobile games is a big no-no for me. It's simply not worth it at all. I've heard of people spending hundreds or even thousands on the likes of Clash of Clans or Candy Crush. Think of all the AAA titles you could buy with that kind of money, you could even get a new game console!

js85

Yeah, I've spent money on both videogames (for DLC's etc) and mobile games. I can see how it could be a bad thing if people get way overboard, but I don't see it as a bad thing. I always think of it with what I would use the money for instead: "Yeah, I would skip buying a candy bar so I could play this." or "Nah, this $10 could be used when I go out this weekend." It puts it into perspective and I still get to enjoy whichever I choose.

shreklock

I've spent real money on games I enjoy playing. I like to support the developers and publishers, and I don't think it's bad to spend money on video games. People created those games, so you could think as your paying their salary.

Rob93FL

Sure, I've paid for plenty of downloadable content on my Xbox 360. I also used to pay monthly membership for an online game that I used to play. Most games get old after a while of playing old content.

Muthoni

I am not a fan of games; therefore I have not bought any. That said it is necessary to treat yourself once in a while. If it makes you happy, why not go for it? The only thing that is necessary is to discover priorities. If the choice is between buying a game or buying food.........Make the right choice. Anyway at the end of the day it is up to you.

askanison

I game so yes I have spent money on games before. I played World of Warcraft for years and that was a monthly bill. I didn't mind though and even now I don't feel like I was cheated or anything in any way whatsoever. Part of playing was paying for the best monthly service so I did what i had to do to play. Thankfully that became tedious and boring to me after a few years and i quit. i mostly just buy the occasional game now and then.

Profit5500

I have not been paying attention to games except what I see on TV from ads. I cannot say anything exciting about the new COD game Advanced Warfare.

Patrick

I have not been paying attention to games except what I see on TV from ads. I cannot say anything exciting about the new COD game Advanced Warfare.

Most COD games have pretty much been the same since Modern Warfare, it really feels like they are just milking the franchise now, coming out with a new game every 1-2 years. Even as a FPS fan I do not feel that the series has any appeal at all.

GlacialDoom

I spent a lot of money on games in my life, given that I am a major gamer and that gaming is my favorite hobby ( maybe besides playing the piano ). Maybe not so much on games than on game playing hardware, upgrading my PC during the years.

soconfused

Only once or twice when buying gaming apps. Other than that, those currencies I can use in the game I don't ever spend money on them.

cc1001

I spend money on games for my children. I have spent lots of money on games for them. My husband is into games and he spends lots of money on it as well. I think he looks at it as an investment. I don't know I am not the one into the games like my kids and husband are into it. I usually spend more money on games around Christmas time.

mimsee

I've spent at least $1000 on League of Legends which is an absolute shame seeing as how the game is completely free to play and the only purchaseable items are just cosmetic. I've also purchased a lot of cosmetic items on TERA.

headmaster

I used to spend a lot of money on video games a while back. Now I find newer games repetitive and mundane, so I hardly spend any money on new titles. I did buy the new 'WatchDogs' game and it was worth every cent.

bala

i am never really a fan for spending money on games online and i get it all on torrents or using some cheat codes.The only money i have spent are for my PS3.Everything i buy is for my PS3..:p