Heavy metal just noise?

dariel2323

I really think the heavy metal genre has gotten way too noisy to the point that it's not music anymore. I mean, the way they sing, how could anybody think that's music. I have no problem listening to those classic metal bands, but i think the new stuff is just too much. What do you metal lovers think?

LuckyGirl08

I use to listen to heavy metal but this new generations music gives me a serious headache. I do still listen to some medal music but only the ones that I grew up listening to. I thing every genre of music has gotten worse because of the children that are starting off very young and really do not know the meaning of a true artist. I miss the old music.

Rob93FL

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it isn't music. The definition of music isn't "something that sounds good," it's "an art form whose medium is sound."

Whitewolf2578

What Rob basically said. I still love what is called "Viking Metal" and they scream, but I have trained my hearing to be able to hear what they are saying. This is like me saying that because I dislike Rap, it isn't music. Just a bunch of clicks and whistles. Lol.

bala

Not all metal is all screaming and noise, metal is a very diverse genre..For instance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjEXb5hKRe

khttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JPs7rFNGP4

Honestly lemme know if all these are just screaming and noise.Power metal is focused on melody and plenty others too.

helaofthenorns

I have deep respect for all music genres. Personally though, I prefer country and jazz. Still, I don't think that metal is just noise because it takes a lot of talent to compose music.

bala

I have deep respect for all music genres. Personally though, I prefer country and jazz. Still, I don't think that metal is just noise because it takes a lot of talent to compose music.
No denying that,but don't all music genres require an effort..? The very point of this is why is that effort proving futile and failing to evoke attention..?
Metal is a band to get you pumped up and it is doing just that with that decibel level.
Do you feel i am justified here in stating this.?
I felt distraught that people brand it as noise..!!

headmaster

Before I was introduced to rock all that kind of music sounded like noise. Now I love Metallica and can listen to them anytime of the day. The problem is that the quality of all genres of music nowadays has deteriorated to the point of sounding like rubbish. Poor quality expectations or just current generation's tastes? I have no clue which one it is.

Muthoni

I guess it takes a particular ear to love the kind of music around. I never thought that I would enjoy rock until I had to listen to it every day while working. I love it today; things keep evolving and heavy metal has not been left behind. I have an open heart when trying out new music and most of the times I like it.

dariel2323

I use to listen to heavy metal but this new generations music gives me a serious headache. I do still listen to some medal music but only the ones that I grew up listening to. I thing every genre of music has gotten worse because of the children that are starting off very young and really do not know the meaning of a true artist. I miss the old music.

Good answer. I enjoyed it and I think like you. I hear the older generations, but some times I hear the new, because when I hear these sounds my head almost exploded. Thanks for commenting and I am grateful.

Nevi

I have nothing against metal music, Metallica is only the metal band i probably would listen again to, it's just not my genre. Personally i like pop rock, rnb and jazz.

dostava

Even if you believe the genre has deteriorated, it doesn't mean that it's "just noise". I admit, I don't like the new metal, but hey, some people do and it's not just noise for them. And since they're the audience, they decide the quality of the music. Don't put everyone who likes the thing now down if you like what it used to be...

oraclemay

I listened to some when I was a lot younger in the 70s and 80s, but rock has always been my favorite.

januz101

Depends one the band. There are heavy metals that have nice songs. Kiss, for one is an awesome band.

PhilA

I love almost all types of metal, you need to search for the melody and see past what you think is just 'noise'.