Heroin Question

cotton728

Hi -

I'm a new member here. Not an aspiring cop or anything, but I am just curious as to what the police can do in a situation. I guess I'm naive and would love to hear. Here's the details:

If you are 100% sure that a relative is using heroin (she admits it), but she adamantly refused to get help whatsoever, if there anything the police can do? Is the only chance that she will ever get caught is if she is either caught during a sting (buying from an undercover), or it is in her car during a search? Are there any other ways? As naive as I am, I really thought if you called the police and knew that drugs were being used somewhere, I thought they would investigate, but apparently I'm wrong?

If you know where the drug house is, can t he police do anything at all? Can you suggest they do an undercover sting there? Or is there just not enough money to try to shut down drug houses?

A friend of mine said that police very, very rarely will try to catch and arrest the BIG drug dealers. She said they only go after the small ones because that helps them keep their jobs. She says they don't want to shut down the big ones at the top of the pyramid/chain of command WHATEVER. I hope that is not true?!?

Thanks for any help!